Author Topic: ordered mueller  (Read 919 times)

Offline camsdaddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
ordered mueller
« on: September 16, 2005, 01:42:15 AM »
Well after hanging out for over a year now and reading everything I could I have finally broke down and ordered a mueller 3x9x40 for theopticzone. I am putting this on a 243 ultra handi. It took awhile to decide I started out wanting a 4-16x50 and several here commented that it maybe overkill for deer hunting and in all honesty it would have been here in south Ga where most of my shots would be under 100 yds. And to solve the dual purpose problem I have decided order the 4-16x50 later but I will need to order the 223 barrel to have someplace to store it and I will just put it on or just change scopes for yotes after deer season. I am so excited and cant wait I thought about this long and hard and decided this would be the most bang for the buck wow I cant believe it took me a year to decide to spend less than $150 on a scope there were weekends a few years back that would have been a bar tab. The pains of sobriety and growing up $150 will buy lots of diapers. I let everyone know how things turn out

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
ordered mueller
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 10:53:14 AM »
I have 2 of the 2x7 Mueller's I got from Jon at opticzone. Great scopes, you will be happy, I'm sure.

Offline Rod B

ordered mueller
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 11:11:57 AM »
I bought the Mueller Eraticator from the OpticZone.

The scope is great & so was the service from Jon. :grin:

Rod. :wink:
Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake we must not interrupt him too soon.
~Horatio Nelson

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
ordered mueller
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 11:51:05 AM »
We are here to serve our customers!   :grin:
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline camsdaddy

• Avid Poster
ordered mueller
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 03:52:13 AM »
Well I received my scope a few weeks ago but havent had time to log on. I can say that I am well please with my scope and the service to get it here. Though I have not had a chance to shoot it in low light or look through it during a full moon I feel as it is the brightest scope I own and the several folks who own much higher priced optics have been impressed. I guess you could say that  I have been impressed with the customer service getting it here and the quality I got for my dollar which means alot.

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
ordered mueller
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 06:50:41 AM »
Quote from: camsdaddy
I guess you could say that  I have been impressed with the customer service getting it here and the quality I got for my dollar which means alot.

Jon is quick to respond to any issues and he helped me out when I made a mistake in placing an order...Just check out my previous post about The Optic Zone customer svc...He's got my future business.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline GeorgiaDave

• Avid Poster
4 x 16 x 50mm Ilum. Mil-Dot on 308 Ultra
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 07:18:05 AM »
Hello from Georgia,
   I recently bought one of the Mueller scopes from the factory at the introductory price of $189. After a simple mounting and bore sighting I took it to my 500 yard range behind my house. I shot a few shots at 50 yards to bring the grouping in. Then it was shot at the standard 100 yards and within 8 shots it was grouping a respectable 1.25" group. I let the barrell cool completely for over an hour and fired a 3 shot group at 100 yards. This time the group was almost identical. I then decided to go for it !! I have an 8" steel plate set at the 500 yard mark and the mil dots were screaming to be used.
   Do keep in mind that this was the first time that the rifle or scope had ever been to the range. After a bit of calculation, I chose to use the second dot down as the aim point and sent a round downrange. My spotter confirmed a miss just high, so I put the dot at the bottom of the plate and gently squeezed one off. What a rewarding sound that steel plate makes !!
I decided to get a second opinion from my spotter who is an excellent rifle shot. He aimed at the same point with the second dot down and rang the bell as well. This confirms that the 308 Ultra Hunter topped with a fine Mueller scope is indeed one accurate package.

Good Luck,
Dave
"Firepower is one carefully placed shot, just make sure that it leaves a big hole."

Offline camsdaddy

• Avid Poster
ordered mueller
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 04:46:05 AM »
well the season started 10/22 here in Ga and I didnt have any luck but I did decide I like my new scope it  was nice when my buddy who once ragged me about getting down so early came walking up because he could no longer see. I am very pleased