Author Topic: Has anyone tried the Federal TRUBALL™ rifled slug?  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Moonlitin

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Has anyone tried the Federal TRUBALL™ rifled slug?
« on: September 30, 2005, 03:05:28 AM »
Has anyone tried the new Federal TRUBALL™ rifled slug system in their smoothbore NEF Pardner?  It's a new product by Federal that is supposed to be "the most accurate smoothbore slug".  I picked up a box of 12 gauge and a box of 20 gauge but I have not tried them yet.

Thanks

Moonlitin

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Has anyone tried the Federal TRUBALL™ rifle
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 04:25:25 AM »
I have not even heard of them but the old Federal slugs used to shoot great out of my issue 870 w/iron sights and smoothbore barrel. Please shoot them and let us know how they work out for you....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Moonlitin

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
I'll give them a try...
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 12:12:44 PM »
I'll give them a try sometime before deer season.  Archery season and goose season starts tomorrow in MI though, so I'm going to be busy for a while.

http://www.federalcartridge.com/default.asp?pg=18

Vital•Shok® TRUBALL™ Rifled Slug Loads

Revolutionary TRUBALL™ rifled slug system provides the most accurate smoothbore slug

TRUBALL™ centers slug in bore, punching out as tight as 2inch groups at 50 yards

Consistent group to group performance
(up to 75% improvement)

Offline fortress49

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 04:12:00 AM »
"American Rifleman", one of the NRA's publications did a review on many 12 ga slugs and sabbots for smoothbore and rifled barrells.  One of the ones they did was the truball.  They gave it a good review.  Although they always give stuff great reviews (can't make the advertisors unhappy now can we?) they did post results shot from 3 shotguns if I remember correctly.  They seemed to be pretty good results.

Matt

Offline Snowman366

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 05:26:54 AM »
I've tried it in 12-gauge in both a Mossberg and my Ithaca Deerslayer. It's a definite improvement over standard Foster slugs...and they weren't all that bed.