Author Topic: Pistol grip stocks for under $60  (Read 557 times)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Pistol grip stocks for under $60
« on: October 17, 2005, 07:27:04 AM »
Thought someone might be interested in these. Scroll down the page for the H&R stocks. They also have heat shieds with Ghost ring sights for shotgun barrels.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=201465

:D
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Berger

• Trade Count: (0)
    • http://www.bergera.com
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 08:31:17 AM »
Any reason why I could use this on my handi rifle? If I can I'll be sure to pick one up

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 08:41:10 AM »
They will work with either SB1 or SB2 recievers (shotgun or rifle).
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline DaveH

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 12:57:23 PM »
Guys these are single shot shotguns/rifles.  Darn if you want something that looks like an assault rifle get yourself an assault rifle.  i.e. AR-15,M-16, AK47, AKM something. But don't take a tried and true single shot and turn it into something its not.  Ok A heat shield ??? How many loads do you plan on putting down this single shot barrel ?????
Tell ya what if your BAD enough to need a heat shield with a single shot my hat is off to you.  Don't get me wrong I love hunting with these fine SINGLE shot guns.  I think it adds to the hunting that I know I only have one shot.  But that's just it they are a hunting gun.  That can be used for self defense when needed. but you don't need to dress them up to do that !!!!!
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 03:34:35 PM »
I have to agree with Dave. Tactical stuff on an H&R just looks silly. I almost bought one of these stocks when they first came out just because it was something new, but thought on it a while and spent the $ on another barrel. Remember in the grand scheme of things single shots were the premier tactical not that long ago.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 03:35:14 PM »
I have to agree with Dave. Tactical stuff on an H&R just looks silly. I almost bought one of these stocks when they first came out just because it was something new, but thought on it a while and spent the $ on another barrel. Remember in the grand scheme of things single shots were the premier tactical arms not that long ago.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline jmbrowning

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2005, 08:28:04 PM »
These high-quality, American-made Parts and Accessories are a great way to turn your "practical" into a "tactical" by putting extra shells within easy reach and making your gun more comfortable, more accurate and less likely to jam."

Very interesting. Never seen a heat shield prevent a single shot from jamming! :eek:

The clamp-on ghost ring sights seem to be useful as I have bobbed the stock and barrel of my 20g Pardner (to better fit the back of the ATV). The short stock means a shorter toe and the short barrel means no more bead. The ghost ring sights could solve the problem of my eye being too high above the barrel for a regular bead and having to solder on a new bead!

What do you think?