Author Topic: The NRA Needs YOU!  (Read 745 times)

Offline BamBams

• Trade Count: (0)
The NRA Needs YOU!
« on: October 23, 2005, 06:30:15 PM »
Folks, if it wasn't for the NRA, the New Orleans police would still be taking away EVERYONE's guns down there.  Did you know that as soon as the NRA heard that everyone's guns were being confiscated, they immediately got a restraining order to stop it from continuing?   Did you know that the NRA is about to embark on creating new law in the US which will prevent ANYONE from confiscating YOUR guns during martial law and natural disasters?

If it wasn't for the NRA,  many of us would be up a creek.

If you're not a member, you ought to be.

For those who already are members, think about switiching over your monthly magazine to NRA's "First Freedom" magazine and you can read about all the NRA is doing for us today.  It's easy to change magazine on their website at any time.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline jh45gun

The NRA Needs YOU!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 08:15:46 PM »
I am a member and I feel that they are our only line of defense as the other pro gun groups are not strong enough. Yea they are not perfect and Some like GB here feel they are useless but on that I will disagree. Yea they could use a new change up front but still they give us more bang for the buck than any one else does. I also hear  guys harping about money as the NRA keeps asking for it. So what so does your wife!  It takes money and if you can afford more fine if  not give them your dues and ignore the rest of the pleas. Just remember when the gun grabber groups ask their folks for money they reply with funds.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
NRA
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 01:48:46 AM »
JH45gun,  i agree with you, I think you said it well,

I just saw in the news Brazil defeated their Gun Ban, Which I think
 is good  Marv.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
The NRA Needs YOU!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 01:53:45 AM »
:agree:  :agree:
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Swamp Yankee

• Avid Poster
The NRA Needs YOU!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 03:08:45 PM »
BamBams,
I couldn't agree more. I suport them the best that I can. As a matter of fact I'm going to the Friend's of the NRA dinner in Swansea Ma. on fri. But the reason I am posting is to draw attention to the local and state groups that fight for us on the grass roots level. I live in Mass. a state with some of the worst gun laws on the books If it wern't for GOAL [Gun Owners Action Leauge] we here in Mass. would be stripped of all our rights! I mean look who we Have for polititions Kennedy and Kerry two of the biggest gun haters there are. We are one of the few states that still have the assualt wepons ban  on the books and we Have a ban on a number of hand guns here too!  We can't even buy Brass or bullets mail order. GOAL fights the good fight and I am proud to be a member. Slowly but surly we are gainning back some of our rights. Right now we are introducing the "Precision Sports Reform Package Bill." If you want to know more about Goal go to www.goal.org Just about every state has a grass roots org like ours , I urge you all to suport them, because they are fighting for you. I'll get down off my soap box now, some times I get a little carried away, sorry...................Jim

Offline Ron T.

• A Real Regular
The NRA Needs YOU!
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 06:20:56 PM »
Whether we completely agree with the NRA or not, they're the BEST "game in town" for protecting our 2nd. Amendment RIGHTS to "keep and bear arms".

I have been an Annual NRA Member for a very long time... sending in my annual dues EACH year with the hope that some of the 16 to 18 million hunters who's gun-rights we (the members of the NRA) are financing and protecting will lend a hand and join the NRA as well.

However, protecting 16 million+ hunter's gun-rights has been a BIG, EXPENSIVE job for what has usually been approximately 3 million NRA members (recently grown to 4 million members).  

It's about time the hunters start "pulling" their OWN weight and helping us out... with their membership in the NRA.   Just think how much MORE effective the NRA could be if their member roles had 16 million or more members on it!  Very few politicians would DARE to go against our RIGHT to keep and bear arms then!

C'mon guys... we need your help!  Isn't your hunting enjoyment worth a mere $35 a year?  That's a cheap price to pay for "peace of mind"!   :wink:

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."  - Thomas Jefferson

Offline jh45gun

The NRA Needs YOU!
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 09:18:17 PM »
I agree with you Ron but too many Hunters have a bad case of head up the ahole syndrome and figure it will never happen to us and if they take away them bad pistols or assualt rifles who cares I hunt with a bolt or single shot. pump ect ect ect. Not knowing you loose one right the rest are in line to follow.  :x

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
The NRA Needs YOU!
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 02:55:45 AM »
jh45gun - I agree with you on both your posts.  For a while I thought LaPierre might be a wuzzy when it came to standing up for gun rights but after his frontal assault on the tire company's shenanigans and then his all out attack on the NOPD I will continue to contribute.  I belong to both the NRA and the GOA but dang, I haven't heard anything from GOA about Katrina and LA.  Maybe I just haven't read enough but one thing is for sure, the NRA is very vocal about the NO concerns and I am glad to hear it.  

The governor and mayor in LA and NO are little more than tyrants and anarchists.  They should both be run out on a rail and horsewhipped.  The President should order Federal troops to the LA statehouse to remove the governor and initiate a new election.  Same for NO.  

No, I'm not talking about a federal takeover of LA/NO, just removing those two criminals from office and initiating a new election.  May be wishful thinkin' but it would surely open a whole bunch of eyes.  JMHO.  Mikey.

Offline jh45gun

The NRA Needs YOU!
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 06:59:35 AM »
Mikey I think the GOA said something about NO but I do not think they pushed it like the NRA did. Even if they did they did not get the results the NRA did. Then too the article said pro gun groups so it could have been a combined effort even though they were working at it separately.

Offline KyBlue51

The NRA Needs YOU!
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2005, 07:57:54 AM »
LIFE MEMBER  8)

Offline NYH1

The NRA Needs YOU!
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2005, 07:58:00 AM »
I just renewed my membership last week! :D
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline Savage .250

The NRA Needs YOU!
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2005, 11:15:36 AM »
With out the NRA we could very well be like some countries where guns are not welcomed.  Even though there were gunners and plenty of them
  there was no single voice to muster the troops.  As a result the ani-gunners  rolled over the gun owners and today in some parts of the world the only gun you see is in a magazine. Sad but true.
  I, like the rest of you guys, get all those mailers asking for you to re-new your membership even though it seems like you just did last week
 but then i think about what if we had no reason to re-new? No gun ownership, no hunting season ( unless you do Bow) that makes it a no brainer.RE-NEW.
  I`m just glad we have a "voice".  One other thing, know who your voting for.
" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Offline Fireball 57

The NRA Needs YOU!
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2005, 10:48:04 PM »
I've been an Endowment Member, Ass.Chief at the National Matches.  If Freedoms are neglected, they become abused!  Get a new shooter involved and sign him up to the NRA.  Regards
Without ammo, your rifle is a club! :biggun: