Author Topic: Taurus tracker in 45acp for a trail gun  (Read 796 times)

Offline Pinkerton

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
Taurus tracker in 45acp for a trail gun
« on: January 01, 2006, 02:03:10 PM »
I've been thinking long and hard on the 45acp tracker mostly for my wife to use when she's out walking in the woods with the kids and the dog, for possible mt. lion protection, ferrel dogs, or ferrel two leggers, and home defense.

My wife does well with my 45 colt Redhawk and cowboy loads but that's alot to pack, have had semi-auto's but she feels much more comfortable with revolvers.

How is this revolver for recoil/controllability, and accuracy. or would she be better off with a similar gun in 38special/357mag instead of 45 acp.

Thanks.

Offline Mainer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 03:13:19 PM »
Pinkerton:

I bought my wife a .45 ACP Tracker last year (2005).  I've shot it once and found it to be very controllable.  The fit and finish appear to be excellent.  I would readily purchase another (I'm thinking of a Tracker in .41 or .44 Mag for myself).  You might want to check out the price through Davidsons.  Sometimes these guns go on sale for really good prices.  I think paid $320 for the .45 ACP.
NRA Life Member

Offline Mainer

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 03:16:20 PM »
PS:

I think the .45 ACP is the way to go for your wife if she already can handle .45 Colt loads.  The .45 ACP is a better manstopper than a .38 and more pleasant to shoot that a .357.  Just my two cents'.
NRA Life Member

Offline Pinkerton

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 07:54:08 AM »
Thanks Mainer,

Had checked Davidson's, they've got em on sale through Jan 15th. There's a tracker in 357 at my local gunstore (almost $200 more than what I can get the 45 through Davidson's) so I'll have the wife handle it to see how it feels to her.

Thanks for the advice.  :D

Offline cvixx

CDNN
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 06:08:27 PM »
I 'think' CDNN still sells the Tracker in titaniom (45LC).  Might want to check with them, especially is weight is a concern.

Offline Pinkerton

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 04:54:31 PM »
cvixx:

That's a great thought, I love the 45 colt, my fear with that is I load some hot rounds for my 45 colt redhawk and some of those could get loaded by accident into the tracker if I had one in 45 colt for my wife.

I'm thinking it would be safest to go with the 45acp if I get it for the wife to use.

I appreciate the info though :D

Offline cvixx

Tracker
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 06:38:35 AM »
They used to have the TT in 45ACP.  You might want to call and ask.  I have always had first-rate service from them.  They also have some of the lightweight 45 autos from EAA for $259.  You can download their catalog off the web and see if they have anything you 'need'.  

No afffillation with them other than as a customer.