Author Topic: 7mm Mag Managed Recoil ammo on Whitetails?  (Read 409 times)

Offline equinoxbuilders

• Trade Count: (0)
7mm Mag Managed Recoil ammo on Whitetails?
« on: October 30, 2005, 12:33:18 PM »
I don't own a 7mm-08, but would love to.  I do have a hand me down Rem 700 in Rem. 7mm Mag that is a tack driver.  This firearm with 180 grain Corelokt was devistating on NH Moose, but way overkill on 150 -200 lb DW deer.  No expansion...  I know I should be using 140-150g on deer.
However I see from watching alot of hunting videos and reading other posts, that the 7-08 is the perfect cartridge to be using on deer.  I see that the Rem. 7mag managed recoil ammo has very similar velocities with the 7-08.
Has anyone used this ammo to take game, and what were the results?

Can anyone supply me with some reloading data Bullet/Powder combo for turning the 7mag to 7-08 out of my Rem 700.. incase I decide to load my own or have someone do it for me.

thanks..
I've heard alot of good things about the Winchester 150g Silvertips at these velocities.
A fine is for doing something bad.  A tax is for doing something good.  I have to stop being so good.   :grin:

Offline PEPAW

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
7mm Mag Managed Recoil ammo on Whitetails?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 02:13:36 AM »
Hunted with the 7 mag loads some last year, but never fired a shot!  Shoot same POI as my full loads at 100.    Hopefully, I will get to try it out on pigs soon.    Shooting the Recoil managed loads in my .270 and they are accurate.

pepaw