Author Topic: My first Handi-rifle.  (Read 554 times)

Offline phatspeed7x

• Trade Count: (0)
My first Handi-rifle.
« on: October 31, 2005, 04:28:45 PM »
I picked up my first handi-rifle last thursday chambered in .30-06 springfield. Great rifle, I have always been a fan of the single shot. I have a Tasco 3x9x40 scope mounted on it. This is also my first centerfire rifle. My friend introduced me to NEF earlier this year when I shot his .410 shotgun varment hunting. I liked the gun so much I ran over to walmart later that night, and bought me my own. I decided to go with the 12GA instead because I like to shoot trap. My next NEF is going to be another Handi-rifle chambered in .45-70. Been reading alot of positive feedback on this gun. I'm also going to hopefully get my reloading supplys for christmas so I can make some super accurate rounds.

Adam Hanson
Adam Hanson

Marlin Model 60 .22LR
Mossberg Int. 702 plinkster .22LR
NEF Pardner 20GA limited edition
Ruger P89 9mm
Winchester Model 1000 air-rifle
K98 mauser 8mm with ATI stock

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
My first Handi-rifle.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 04:47:02 PM »
Welcome aboard, Adam!! :D  Sounds like you're a true Handiholic in the making with plans for multiple Handis!!!  :wink:
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline lostsniper308

• A Real Regular
  • old beaten up Martini-Henry .303 we found.
    • My Facebook account
My first Handi-rifle.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 02:27:40 PM »
yo welcome to the club. just don't do what I did, get overly curious about my rifle and all the tweaking that can be done and end up messing up the screw setting and having a bad first few range times. Even after i got MOA groups i got more curious to try and improve it, at least i still got the MOA load recipe :grin:
B Co. 1-22Inf 1st BCT 4th Infantry Division
OIF 08-09 out of the army now

Offline Stickfigure

My first Handi-rifle.
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 02:52:15 PM »
Welcome to Handi-Holics :D  Adam.  
I'm still waiting on my 500 S&W to arrive.  Got a call the other day from the firearms shop and somehow they received a 12ga instead of the 500 S&W. Just found out today there is an upset guy in Connecticut looking for his 12ga :lol: so hopefully I can join in the fun shortly.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
My first Handi-rifle.
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 03:22:41 PM »
Howdy phatspeed7x.  Welcome to the lunatic fringe.  Pull up a chair and stay a while. A lot of good info can be gleaned from the Stickys at the top of this forum.  And don't be afraid to ask questions.  There are a lot of knowledgable folks here who are willing to help a fellow addict.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Redcat376

My first Handi-rifle.
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 02:37:06 PM »
Hope you get your 500S&W!!! I live in Va and bought one in Florida and had it shipped to a gunsmith with an FFL. I didn't own a big bore and this 500 fits great!!! It's a keeper, I am currently reloading for this caliber and if you get it, I recommend you reload! Recoil is like a 12 gauge but that .50 caliber slug hits hard!! Hope to get a deer this year with it and wild boar next year!! keep ya posted on results!! Good luck~~