Author Topic: Hay Ya'll  (Read 813 times)

Offline Curtis

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (65)
Hay Ya'll
« on: March 04, 2003, 01:15:21 PM »
I registered a couple of weeks ago so I guess an introduction is still in order.  I didn't even know this introduction forum was down here.  I guess I never got past humor and off topic :)

Let's see....I've been in Texas all my life, grew up in the country so shooting casually was a given.  Now I'm in the city and shoot to get away from life's problems and relax for a while (does that make me a shootaholic?).

I don't get the opportunity to hunt much any more and all of my early hunting experience was small game or dove.  All of the land that I hunted and fished on when I was growing up has been sold off in 5 acre tracts after the old owners gradually died off.  I've been on a couple of spring turkey hunts on a friend's lease in Jacksboro in recent years.  I would love to try the feral hogs just a short drive east of me where an uncle of mine owns some land.

I started reloading in '88 or so after I saw and bought my first T/C Contender in .256 Win Mag and factory ammo was becoming scarce.  The most recent development in reloading for me was the addition of a 30 herrett barrel, my first wildcat and my second experience at brass forming.  (7-30 waters was first)  Also, my daughter (20) got her own apartment and now I can reload in the spare room instead of a cold garage!  My son (18 ) goes to the range with me sometimes and I have introduced him to reloading so he can load what he shoots (supervised).

I browsed (lurked :o  ) these forums for quite a few months and picked up a lot of valuable tips and kind of got to know eveyone a little, so it's only fair that you know a little about me.

Shoot often,
Curtis
Lord, please help me to be half the man my dogs think I am.

Contender in 17 Rem, 22lr, 22k Hornet, 223 Rem, 256 WM, 6TCU, 7TCU, 7-30, 30 Herrett, 300 Whisper, 30-30 AI, 357 mag, 357 Herrett, 375 JDJ, 44 mag, 45/410..... so far.

Offline Mrs Graybeard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Hay Ya'll
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2003, 01:58:36 PM »
Curtis,

Nice to meet you and glad to have you as part of GBO.

Faye aka Mrs Graybeard
Kind hearts are gardens, Kind thoughts are roots, Kind words are blossoms, Kind deeds are fruits.

Offline ButlerFord45

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (10)
Hay Ya'll
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2003, 02:27:00 PM »
:D  Howdy Curtis!!
Butler Ford
He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done.-Leonardo da Vinci
An armed society is a polite society-Robert A. Heinlein
Only the dead have seen the end of war- Plato
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey
tomorrow I may have to eat them- A lady's sweatshirt

Offline IronKnees

• IronKnees
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • HANDLOADING FOR HUNTING
Hay Ya'll
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2003, 03:42:20 AM »
Howdy again Curtis... Great to have you with us... and again, I love your quote...  :) We will get together some day for some of that great Texas boar hunting for sure... well, that is if the "boss" says I can. But I'm the head of this house. I know because Becky gave me permission to say so!!!  :(
I want to finish well
I want to end this race
Still leaning on HIS AMAZING GRACE

Offline Curtis

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (65)
Hay Ya'll
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2003, 06:07:00 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome Faye, Butler and Dave.   :D

Dave, I've got lots of irons in the fire but Lord willing I'll be around long enough to get to do some hog huntin' someday.  I know what you mean about being boss.  I think I read where you've been married 35 years so I guess you both got that all worked out.  I was married for 16 years but unfortunately, my boss went to be the boss of somebody else.  I've got no regrets though.  Life is good.   8)   I've got two great kids and three great dogs, what more do I need?

Shoot often,
Curtis
Lord, please help me to be half the man my dogs think I am.

Contender in 17 Rem, 22lr, 22k Hornet, 223 Rem, 256 WM, 6TCU, 7TCU, 7-30, 30 Herrett, 300 Whisper, 30-30 AI, 357 mag, 357 Herrett, 375 JDJ, 44 mag, 45/410..... so far.