Author Topic: I could just cry...  (Read 499 times)

Offline bigbore442001

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
    • Bigbore's Outdoors.
I could just cry...
« on: November 12, 2005, 12:24:15 PM »
I missed a good 10 point buck at 15 yards or so with the bow.

I decided that I needed to move my treestand to a different location. I had a hunch and also from last season with the muzzleloader, I had to move a stand to this hemlock swamp.

Anyways at 3:09 PM that trophy wandered into view and my arrow hit a tree branch. That thing deflected into a birch tree. The said buck left unscathed.

I don't think he is too spooked as I heard him wander through the thick brush.

Maybe next time. I retrieved my arrow and broke some branches off in case he comes in on the same route.

Offline toecutter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
I could just cry...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 12:32:20 PM »
Sorry to hear that, I've been fearing that same scenario my whole life it seems, so far i've been lucky , but I'm sure that will change.  If it makes you feel any better, a buddy of mine whacked a monster 9 a few days after doing the same thing (out of the same stand).  Good luck and post a pic when you get him!

Offline APlottNamedBoomer

I could just cry...
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 04:30:22 AM »
Don't feel too badly, myself and my dad both missied a NICE buck, 12 points at least, (HUGE for any area, but especially in Northern Maine), we both missed broadside shots at him. Me with my 270 and dad with his 308...We both are still feeling the pain...Only about a 75 yard shot as well.

Offline PEPAW

• Contributor
I could just cry...
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 07:44:20 AM »
What kind of rifles and sights were you Maine boys using?    My guess is that deer was moving.    It happens.

pepaw