Author Topic: Home made sluggun  (Read 775 times)

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Home made sluggun
« on: November 18, 2005, 10:26:53 AM »
Got my new Tamer stocks on the 20 ga. today , Now i;m thinking about having the barrel cut to 19 in. and having it drilled- taped for a scope .

Any thoughts  :noway:  :agree:
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Home made sluggun
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 12:01:06 PM »
For the cost of having that work done right by a good gunsmith you could probably buy a used tracker. If you shooting foster slugs through a 20 ga smooth bore I can't imagine the need for optics.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Home made sluggun
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 06:45:34 AM »
Markus

I have a smith right across the street , He said he would do it for me cheap . He does alot of work for local BR shooters around here .

HE might do it for free if i DON'T help  :)

He has done a few projects for me over the years .
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Home made sluggun
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 06:59:23 AM »
I used to have a gun smith across the street. It was handy. I took a hack saw to a 28"barrel last year and cut it to 22". ground it flat on grinding wheel.Took a small round file and smoothed out the crown. Then I smoothed it a little more inside and out on a wire wheel. It looked so cool I just had to go shoot it. Walked off 50steps and turned and shot 3 off hand shots with no sights. Too my delight they were 3" apart. I repaeted this a few times. It was and old barrel and the fore arm screw lug broke off but it was fun while it lasted. Total cheap redneck modifications but it worked.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun