Author Topic: Just In--Son shuts down Dad and Father-in-law.  (Read 458 times)

Offline Bart Solo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Just In--Son shuts down Dad and Father-in-law.
« on: November 20, 2005, 08:44:18 AM »
For the last several years my son Brad and his father-in-law (Bill) have hunted on Bill's farm. Brad had been borrowing my rifle, but last year Bill invited me to hunt as well, which created an problem since both Brad and I wanted to use the same rifle. We survived but last Chrstmas Bill and I went together and bought Brad a Savage in 30-06.  Brad and I have spent some quality time in the off season sighting the rifle, and practicing.  Brad is a city boy and only started hunting a few years ago.  Last Saturday was the first day of the firearm season.  At 10:15 Brad bagged an eleven point buck. A big bruiser, the biggest Bill has ever seen on his land. Since then Bill and I have been hunting.  This weekend we have been hunting hard.  We have been shut out.  No big thing for me, but Bill is really ticked. It's his land and he claims to know the deer almost by name.  He always fills his freezer.  I can't hunt any more this season because of work commitments. Bill has until the 22nd.  Brad is absolutely insufferable. He keeps saying the old men have to start thinking about hanging it up.  Maybe he is right--NOT.

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Just In--Son shuts down Dad and Father-in-l
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 10:13:08 AM »
Hey! I'm 64 and shot 3 deer so far this year! ( Of course, no 11 point............yet! :-D )

Offline Gregory

• Trade Count: (0)
Just In--Son shuts down Dad and Father-in-l
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 10:53:48 AM »
Count your blessings, you have a son who hunts with you....let him brag.  Next year the tables may turn.
Greg

NRA Endowment Life Member
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Second Amendment, U.S. Constitution (1791)