Author Topic: Difference Between Handi Rifle and Ultra Hunter  (Read 463 times)

Offline markdeerhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Difference Between Handi Rifle and Ultra Hunter
« on: November 19, 2005, 11:51:58 AM »
Are the differences just cosmetic? How about the price? I am thinking of getting one for my son for Christmas. How are the triggers on each.Thanks,Mark
Pick a spot and let it fly

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Difference Between Handi Rifle and Ultra Hu
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 12:05:25 PM »
Late production of both have had great triggers in comparison to what they used to be, even if one isn't great, it's not hard to make an even better trigger with a little work after reading the stickys.

Finish on the frame and barrel is a little nicer on the Ultras and the Ultras have resin laminated stocks compared to hardwood or synthetic on the Handis.
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline GeorgiaDave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Difference Between Handi Rifle and Ultra Hu
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 03:03:09 PM »
Hello from Georgia,
   I believe the main difference is in the stock. I chose the Ultra Hunter for the laminated stock option. While the Handi hardwood and synthetic stocks are O.K., they can not compare with the laminated. Mine has some pretty good checkering on the stock and the forearm which is not only attractive but gives a much better feeling grip. As far as price goes I think that the small price increase(around $40 ?) is well worth the investment. I am not a fan of any synthetic stock because I still love the feel of the wood. Any choice of Handi will serve you well but the Ultra is an excellent option.
   I will also make the suggestion to get the .308. With 150 gr. bullets the recoil is negligable and with the 125 gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips it is a real joy to shoot. Good Luck.

Dave
"Firepower is one carefully placed shot, just make sure that it leaves a big hole."