Author Topic: .308 strikes again  (Read 431 times)

Offline Ranger J

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
.308 strikes again
« on: November 18, 2005, 03:45:56 AM »
#1 daughter ‘borrowed’ my .308 Handi yesterday afternoon and wasn’t in the stand an hour before she got a nice little frying pan size doe.  From the size of the exit hole it looked like the 150g Corelok was a case of overkill.  I could have almost slid a silver dollar through the hole.  Needless to say the deer was dead in its tracks.  Now comes the good part, Dad gets to drag the deer out of the woods, Dad gets to field dress it, she does checkout in over Missouri’s new computer check in system and Dad gets to hall it to the locker for processing.  PS Dad also pays for processing.  All kidding aside I am very impressed with the .308 Handi and will appropriate it for this weekend’s hunting.  I think we have enough meat deer now but hope to connect with a large buck that I have glimpsed several times lately.
RJ

Offline .308

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
.308 strikes again
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 03:52:51 AM »
You gotta be one proud Papa. :D

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
.308 strikes again
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 12:25:09 PM »
i think i'm going to show my dad this post!!! i leave for deer camp tomorrow and my 308 is going with me .

congrats to you and your daughter.
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while

Offline Bis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
.308 strikes again
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 04:19:35 PM »
The 308 Handi does a job on deer. Shot one last weekend with the same results as you (165 grain Game King), just not all the other aggravation that you went thru.

Offline Fred M

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Fred The Reloader and Wildcatter
.308 strikes again
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 07:55:55 AM »
Ranger J.
A 308 and the 7mm-08 are two of the best deer rifles ever. Big or small deer. Either has the best selection of bullets you could want. They are so well suited for youngsters providing one shot kills with good training.
Fred M.
From Alberta Canada.