Author Topic: Indiana Rut? Kickin in your area?  (Read 388 times)

Offline Brig33

• Trade Count: (0)
Indiana Rut? Kickin in your area?
« on: October 29, 2005, 09:36:27 PM »
Im hunting in Indiana and the weather is just starting to turn cold. I have noticed the little bucks chaseing doe's but not any bucks worth shooting. im in southern IN . how is it coming in the other areas of IN. anyone have big bucks chasein yet.
Thanks brig33

Offline bigjeepinyj

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 06:56:11 AM »
Went spotlighting last night and the deer are rutting now...

I am intrigued to see what they will be like on opening morning. It is a balmy 77 degress here when it should be abour 40. Opening morning the weather prediction is for about 66 degrees by noon time...

Should be an interesting year.
"My Favorite Gun is the M16... I dont own one of those now, but one of my reminders of my service is a Communist Chinease assault rifle (AK47)-John Kerry

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 03:30:23 AM »
Has started in southern Kansas.....should start here in Oklahoma soon, suppose to cool off by next Wed.......getting in my tree stand tonite and in the am with my crossbow.......

Offline varmit_master

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 10:13:35 PM »
Hi i have hunted the first rifle season and only seen one small 6 point. And a BUNCH of doe's are every where the first rifle season went out today Sunday. The next rifle season opens on the 24 of Nov . I hope i can see more bucks moving by then. I have been watching  6 doe's every day of season. My uncle had 13 doe's come out in the feild in front of him and not a buck on Saturday. I dont think the rut has started yet here good. VM