Author Topic: Anyone doing a Thanksgiving Day hunt.  (Read 343 times)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Anyone doing a Thanksgiving Day hunt.
« on: November 23, 2005, 03:48:48 PM »
The thanks giving day rabbit hunt has been tradition around my parts. When I was a kid living on the Eastern shore of Maryland a lot of guys went goose hunting as well. Last year I was lucky enough to do both. This year I'll take the deluxe Model topper 20ga out and kick a few brush piles with my son. Haven't seen many rabbits this year on my place though. It'll be good just to be in the field though. Happy Thanksgiving.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Critter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 05:32:27 PM »
Going to do a little deer hunting tommorow in the morning if the weather doesn't get too bad.

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 12:08:51 AM »
Sounds like a great time, Markus.  Enjoy your day and Good Luck with the Bunnies.
Cherish these times spent with your son.  They grow up so fast.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Cookieman
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline JohnDY

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 01:24:44 AM »
Markus,

Funny you say something about goose hunting. It is 7:00am on Thanksgiving morning and I can hear the goose hunters shooting away here on Kent Island.  The wife calls it the Eastern Shore alarm clock because every morning during goose season there is shooting around sun rise.

The kid and I are getting ready to head out and check our tree stands one last time before opening day. Then it is off to the in-laws for dinner.

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving.
JohnDY

Offline DaveH

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 04:00:28 PM »
Hey markus Happy belated Thanksgiving.

My family went down to North Carolina for Thanksgiving and got to do some farrel pig hunting.  I have a cousin that owns a big peanut farm north of Greenville and the pigs are really tearing up his farm.  So we did what we could to thin the herd a little.  Between 4 of us hunting we killed 5 pigs, all but one was taken with a H&R/NEF.  The last pig was taken using my Model 1858 .44 Remington buffalo black powder pistol.  All in all a good hunt and some really good eating afterwards.  We pit roasted one of the pigs last Sunday.  Family, friends and a pit roasted pig with a keg of beer.  Things just don't get much better then that
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)