Author Topic: My Nikon Bino's fogged inside....  (Read 452 times)

Offline Wolfe

• Trade Count: (0)
My Nikon Bino's fogged inside....
« on: November 30, 2005, 08:02:46 PM »
I have a pair of Nikon Monarch ATB 8x40 WP Binoculars. I'd guess they are 3 years old. Well, they fogged on the inside during deer season this year.

Anyone have any experience with Nikon's warranty dept?

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 12:56:05 AM »
We have had very little experience with the Nikon Service Department, but the times we did, they we very good and got our products back to us in a reasonable time.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline Zachary

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 12:45:16 PM »
I'm surprised about the fogging.  I own several Nikon scopes and I have never had any problems with them.  Then again, I guess that every manufacturer can have a defect every now and then.  I also guess that is probably why Jon similarly does not have that much experience with Nikon's customer service - because Nikon optics are so good, you hardly ever have to worry about actually using their customer service.

Zachary

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 06:37:42 PM »
Scopes and binoculars are two totally different critters. Scopes are pretty universally sealed and filled with dry nitrogen. Binoculars are not. A lot of binoculars don't even pretend to be sealed much less filled with nitrogen and do not claim to be leak proof or fog proof. Dunno about the one in question but you should read what the specs say.

Any bino not properly sealed and filled and guranteed leak proof are NOT fit to take hunting.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Wolfe

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 06:44:22 PM »
These are waterproof, fog proof and nitrogen filled.

Thanks for the replies, I guess I'll box 'em up and ship 'em off. I have all the proof of purchase items they require. I just don't like the idea of mailing them off without having talked to someone first.