Author Topic: Go to his website.........  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Robert

• Trade Count: (0)
Go to his website.........
« on: December 14, 2002, 05:36:04 PM »
www.huntingadventures.net
I am sure he will be glad to help you with some info...the link in his personal info isnt typed in correctly so you cant get tere from the link, it is two links run together...and you will have to look around on his website for a way to contact him...I couldnt get his 'contact' tab to work, but it might work for you.  Otherwise...you might have to wait for him to get back from some wild adventure for a reply.....but trust me..you are contacting the right person.  Jim is the real thing.
....make it count

Offline JJHACK

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.huntingadventures.net
JJHACK ??????
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2002, 05:32:49 AM »
Thanks Robert, my profile has been fixed Greybeard sent me an Email about the double email Address. It should work fine now.

My site is under construction and the remaining tabs should be working soon. My Email is jjhack@huntingadventures.net

The cost for Pack and dip can be found in the links section of my web page.  It's a sliding scale getting cheaper per animal the more you have so it's not realistic to figure that out with an estimate that may be 100% different then what you intend. The guys hunting with me also have the advantage of consolidated shipping crates which cuts down on costs sometimes by a significant amount.  That needs to be arranged by a common taxidermist who will arrange the tannery as well. Sounds complicated and as if there are too many folks involved. It's not but it's also not worth the mountain of text needed to explain it on a web forum. Wwhen the time comes and you want to arrange a hunt we can take care of it then.

I will say that 50% or maybe a bit more of the hunters are not bringing anything back but the digital photo's and video now. Most save the money on the pack and dip, the shipping and the taxidermy and have 30% towards the next trip saved before they even leave!

The packa nd dip for 5 animals will be about 400 bucks, the shipping and broker fees will be about 450 bucks. The tanning and taxidermy are still to come. With two big animals at 750.00 each and 3 smaller animals at 400.00 each you have 3550.00 in shipping preparation and taxidermy. The safari for those animals with me would be 4500.00 plus air fare so you can see the huge expense of the taxidermy is cutting into the next hunt in a big way.

The guys who have the photo's only frame them and hand them on the wall. The Photo's are beautiful and nearly free by comparision. They also don't take a high ceiling or lots of room for the trophies.  I'm not trying to sell the Photo's over the taxidermy, just letting you in on the current trend and give you some options.  One of my most frequent hunters has only 4 animals mounted in ten years of hunting there. He has made 6 trips as I recall. He has a wall of photo's which are magnificent and mixed in he has only  the four best trophies he has taken. It's an impressive display.  Recently I have been taking much more photo's and returning with few trophies. I have the advantage of doing the taxidermy myself but the pack and dip along with the shipping is still expensive.

If you were to hunt 2X1 or with a bigger group of buddies we could consolidate the trophies and shipping and the broker fees could be shared by more then one guy.

Let me know, I have 4 people booked for the peak season in 2004 so far.  The best season is May and June.  It's the rut for most species that have a fixed breeding season.
www.huntingadventures.net
jjhack@huntingadventures.net

Offline Boss Kongoni

JJHACK ??????
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2003, 10:22:32 AM »
JJHack - I really like that photo idea.

Kudu, Gensbok and Eland are the size of Elk, Caribou & Moose. That is a lot of wall space. Even if you opt fopr a pedistal a 55" Kudu is still 7' tall.

Another thought is euro mounts. My Wildebeest was of ave. size but, it was important to me because it was my 1st African kill. I did a euro-mount of the skull & horns.

I saw a baboon skull done this way, very interesting looking. Human like with fangs!