Author Topic: Pardner Problem  (Read 420 times)

Offline Buckmaster 30-30

• Trade Count: (0)
Pardner Problem
« on: November 27, 2005, 03:38:04 PM »
I have a pardner w/ a 26'' mod. choke barrel and a while back when i was shooting clays it misfired... i pulled the hammar back again and it didnt go off... so i disposed fo the shell and got another and it misfired and then i pulled the hammer back again and it shot it ... i think that it has a weak firing pin because it strikes the primer but not hard enough to set it off....

what do you guys think

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Pardner Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 04:29:39 PM »
Sounds like it could be your transfer bar. Has it worked fine in the past or is this a new gun? If it worked fine before, my money is on the transfer bar either being loose or broken. Seems that there were some transfer bar problems where the pin was not peened and they are sliding around and even falling out in some cases. Customer Service will send you a new one if you can put it in or you can send it in to them for repair.

Do a search in the H&R/NEF Rifle Forum, for "broken transfer bar" and you should get some good information.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Buckmaster 30-30

• Trade Count: (0)
Pardner Problem
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 02:48:24 AM »
Thanks Busta

I bought this gun used a couple of years ago and it shot fine until last year. I'll call NEF and see if  they will send me a new transfer bar..