Author Topic: Radio reception  (Read 575 times)

Offline panhandle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
    • panhandlepr@vierizion.net
Radio reception
« on: December 02, 2005, 03:27:48 PM »
I have a radio reception problem that hopefully someone out there can help me with.  I am building a home in the Clearwater River area of northern Idaho.  Radio reception is really lousy down in the bottom where I am building.  Does anyone have any ideas of a way to improve this situation.  Thanks

Panhandlepr

Offline jh45gun

Radio reception
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 03:35:49 PM »
Well Low tech would be run a wire to a higher place for an antenna and high tech would be Sirrus ( SP) satelite radio
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
Radio reception
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 04:09:50 PM »
Like Jim said go with the satellite radio or if you have one of the small satellite dishes see if they have any radio or music channels available.
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline grendel

• http://www.shadowsfall.org
Radio reception
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 04:40:30 PM »
My vote would be to go with an XM satellite radio.  I have had one in my truck for over a year now and hate to drive my wifes car.  AM or FM, both are poor excuses after having XM.  Sirrus may be as good, I would not know because I have never used one.  Buy on line or go to Radio Shack or perhaps even WalMart.  Check out there line up at  http://www.xmradio.com/

Grendel
Grendel

Molon Labe

People who are willing to rely on the government
to keep them safe are pretty much standing on
Darwin''s mat, pounding on the door, screaming,
Take me, take me!

Carl Jacobs

Offline Swamp Fox

• Avid Poster
Radio reception
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 04:51:28 PM »
XM is probably cheaper but if you really want to hear local stations check into getting a reapeter. If you have has line of sight (and access) to higher ground where the local signals are good you might be able to rebroadcast into your valley.
"We may not imagine how our lives could be more frustrating and complex—but Congress can." —Cullen Hightower

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Radio reception
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 05:07:12 PM »
My question is how long do you think it will be before the satellite radio companies start slipping in commercials and jacking up their prices?  :cry:

I can remember when cable TV first came out. They used to brag about being commercial free and had low subscription cost, $20 or so a month.  Now there are nearly as many commercials on cable TV as network TV and 'basic' cable now cost me $45 a month.  :x
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline ShadowMover

• Contributor
Radio reception
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 06:30:57 PM »
ARe you trying to receive AM or FM radio?  If it's AM you might try an antenna booster.
I remember when cable was supposed to be commercial free too.  So was PBS.  Another instance of the camel's nose into the tent. How did that camel get in here?!!