Author Topic: Need a scope for my Topper(non TDC) 12 ga.  (Read 509 times)

Offline unclecheech

• Trade Count: (0)
Need a scope for my Topper(non TDC) 12 ga.
« on: December 03, 2005, 01:04:32 AM »
I give up on this "holographic red dot scope". Can't get to sight in, plus it has no magnification. I have a Weaver rail installed, what scopes have you all found to be successful that can stand the kick on a 12 ga.? With the light weight and kick, I am concerned about spending the money on something that wil be shaken to pieces. thanks.
"Yeah, tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death..."

DELETED

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 03:43:24 AM »
DELETED

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 03:52:32 AM »
I've had a cheap simmons 4x32 fixed power on an 870 slug gun for ten years or so with no problems. I'd either get a cheap one that you can replace one with a good waranty. I think it would be a hoot to see an expensive leupold moutned on a topper.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline unclecheech

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 07:47:30 PM »
Thanks, I have a cheap Simmons 4x32 fixed off my .22. I need to get new rings as dovetail not as wide as the weaver rail. Thanks again

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 03:15:48 AM »
Uncle cheech, be sure that 4x32 on your .22 is a centerfire scope before you put in on your shotgun.  There is a big difference between a cheap CENTERFIRE scope and a cheap RIMFIRE scope....<><.... :shock:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline 3s3k

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 04:35:15 AM »
8)  8)

I have used a Simmons 4x32 pro- diamond shotgun scope for many years no problems about $70+tax at wally world,they are suppose to be coming out with the master series pro-diamond for ten bucks more this year which will have a lifetime warranty although I have not seen any yet.GL

Offline unclecheech

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 07:56:56 AM »
thanks msp, as the .22 is a rim fire. So much for just changing the rings. Will have to buy a dedicated scope 12 ga. Alot of sales on scopes right now as old stock must go as season is over.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 10:15:32 AM »
unclecheech, check what the scope says on it. It just may be a centerfire scope if you picked it up used. It should have some indication on it of what model it is, if it does not say rimfire  or have an indication of what it is for search the internet for a phone number of the MANUFACTURER not a dealer and call and ask what that model number of scope is for, good luck. Of course if you can buy a new one during a sale that's good also!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley