Author Topic: Disappointment in Barrel Program  (Read 847 times)

Offline sherppa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Disappointment in Barrel Program
« on: December 04, 2005, 03:30:40 PM »
Recently I received my Handi back it came back with the 7mm-08 and 28 ga barrels that were ordered.  The problem is the rifle came back with a synthetic forearms and a youth stock.  This would be fine if that was what I sent them.  Needless to say I was not very happy.

I spoke with a person in customer service, explained the problem and was told I would have a proper stock and forearm sent out right away.  It was my impression that I am not the first to have this problem.  The following week the stock and forearm arrived as promised, though not exactly the forearm I had before but it will work.  At that point my faith had somewhat been restored.

However, when I went to put the recoil pad on the stock I found the screw holes in the stock to be oversized.  That was fixed by making a couple of lead plugs.    

Though I will probably buy more handi's in the future I am very sure I will not use the barrel program.  Ill just by off ebay and fit it myself.  I think that would be alot less hassle.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 03:39:46 PM »
Don't let one bad experience sour the opportunity for more barrels, if my poor experience with a stock issue happened on the first trip and I chose to go your route, I would have been out a lot of barrels right now. I have had excellent service from them several times, just once was bad and they fixed it right away.  :wink:
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline rnoll

• Trade Count: (0)
Barrel Program
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 03:56:45 PM »
:D I just sent my brand new 30-06 Handi frame and fore arm for a 20 ga Ultra barrel fit.( I never even shot it! Out one box and into another.) Since I seen your posting I will give them a call Mon. and tell them my stuff is coming and ask that I recieve the same stuff I sent them.  :shock: How hard can it be to keep stuff seperate if you care about that just a little bit at the company. Since they messed up :oops:  you should have been asked if you would like the laminate stock (cinnamin or other)as a replacement and at least fitted there with no shipping charges. A little bit would go a long way to restore consumer confidence. :grin:  A posting that said they had done that would sell more guns in my opinion. :wink:

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 06:00:27 AM »
Like Tim said, I wouldn't let the first time ruin it for you. I have had a problem with them before, but they did fix it. I was out of my 223 during varmint season for a long time-2 trips back to the factory. But they did fix it, and all is well.
I personally think the barrel program is at it's best if a person has at least 2 seperate Handis. So you can still enjoy both barrels, while the other frame is getting fitted.
-Aaron

Offline fast*eddie

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 11:28:35 AM »
Is the Youth stock that they sent you wood or synthetic ? If it's wood ,
how much do you want for it ?
Semper Fi !