Author Topic: Distasteful topic but I'm curious !  (Read 3695 times)

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
Distasteful topic but I'm curious !
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2006, 05:30:48 AM »
First off, there are just to darn many laws.

I checked my local county building permit law and any improvement, addition, or repair over $100 requires a building permit.  Fellows,  I can't paint my living room for $100, but if I do, and I don't have a permit then I'm breaking the law.

If I wire up some undercabinet lights, which cost over $100 then I'm supposed to have a building permint and an electrical inspection.  Not sure what the inspection cost.

So, I'm now a criminal.  No way in H3ll I'm getting a permit for every project the wife wants done.  New deck needs a permit.........

Soon, if your not already, you too will be a "criminal".

Think about what your saying........and mind your own business and I'll mind mine.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline corbanzo

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2006, 06:08:12 PM »
Ah, comparing poaching to spousal abuse.... since they are exactly the same aren't they?  If my uncle started beating up on his old lady, I would be the first to go and knock a few of his teeth out.  

So I guess when little kids get caught stealing candy, we should cut their hands off?  

There are things I would turn my head to, and things I wouldn't, it is the difference in moral charactersitics of our psychological makeup.  Hurting a human and an animal are two way different things.  If I some guy trying to beat up a deer with his fists, I would probably start laughing so hard that I would fall on the ground, mainly because he would fail miserably.
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."

Offline WylieKy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2006, 06:01:05 AM »
NONYA,

You have converted me.  Last night the wife and I were driving back from dinner.  I looked over and she was going almost 68 mph in a 65!  I did the right thing!!  I backhanded her to stun her, then took control of the vehicle. I then pulled over to the side, and hog tied her with a set of jumper cables until the law could get there.  It was EXHILARATING to do the right thing.  I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders.  

For any that are unsure, the entire above statement is untrue and relies heavily on SARCASM.

WylieKy
This that I do, I do by my own free will.

Offline corbanzo

« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2006, 06:13:04 AM »
I almost started crying when I read that!  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D

I will be the first to say that I love my country, our systems seem to be working just fine so far.  But I definitely won't say we are always right, and that every law needs to be followed to the word, and every bad deed needs to be punished to the furthest extent.  I do believe in extenuating circumstance, liniency, and also the bond of family.  There are many bad deeds out there that go unpunished, unsolved rapes and murders.  Worrying about poaching just seems very petty to me in light of what humans do to other humans, still.  Like I said before, I do not condone poaching, but it's not up there on my list of worries, kind of like speeding, have fun when you drive, just don't be an idiot.   :)
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."

Offline NONYA

« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2006, 06:41:16 AM »
You are not worried about poaching?Seems more than a few of you hold the same opinion,Id be willing to bet that more than a few of that few hold this opinion because you practice it yourself.Why else would a sportsman hold this opinion?If you dont concern yourself with the crime of poaching I dont even consider you a sportsman,its every sportsmens duty to help enforce the laws that protect our hunting heratige.
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline WylieKy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2006, 08:49:59 AM »
http://www.dnr.sc.gov/wildlife/deer/img/deerden1970.pdf

http://www.dnr.sc.gov/wildlife/deer/img/deerden1985.pdf

http://www.dnr.sc.gov/wildlife/deer/img/deerden2000.pdf

I thought these were of interest.  Just by eyeballing the 2000 map, it looks like 70-80% of the state has 30+ deer per square mile, and 25-30% of the state has 45+ deer per square mile.  A health deer population in prime habitat should not exceed 15-20 deer per square mile.  Scrub oak and pine stands DO NOT constitute prime deer habitat, and anyone familiar with SC knows that is what a majority of the unmanaged land is once you get out of the Upstate region.  I would say this is the reason the wardens are just not that concerned with it here as they are in some area.  The legislation has not caught up with the population, and most hunters (including myself) will not take more than they can store and eat themselves, so no matter how high the limit is set, the majority of hunters will not fill their limit (15 in my area) on deer in SC.  I could have, but didn't.

Oh, and NONY, I do not poach, but it sure looks like from an ecological standpoint and for the health of the deer heard I should.

Offline MGMorden

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2006, 10:30:59 AM »
Quote from: NONYA
You are not worried about poaching?Seems more than a few of you hold the same opinion,Id be willing to bet that more than a few of that few hold this opinion because you practice it yourself.Why else would a sportsman hold this opinion?

Let me get this straight: if my position is that I'm not going to turn in poachers because I don't feel it's my business to do so, then the only logical conclusion is that I poach myself?  You have a seriously contorted view of reality.

We've went over many times the reasons why we choose not to report every single tiny infraction to the authorities.  Whether you agree with the reasons or not is completely up to you, but don't make blind accusations against people because they disagree with you.  I've come to this forum and posted honest responses.  Hell if I was truly involved it would be trivial for me to simply say "Nope, never poached and don't know no one who does."  

And strangely enough, your first post to this thread was snapping (incorrectly) at me for supposedly accusing forum memvers of poaching without knowing them.  Kinda ironic that you're now doing the same thing.

Offline NONYA

« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2006, 01:04:32 PM »
In my opinion if you know about sombody or several people that poach and you dont put an end to it you are just as wrong as they are,and you cant rationalize it with family connections or overpopulations of game,its illegal and unethical. :roll:

Offline corbanzo

« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2006, 08:34:40 PM »
So now we are all poachers... it's about time to lock this topic I'd have to say......

Offline NONYA

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2006, 10:39:10 PM »
Corbozo you have stated that you are not that worried about people poaching,so why are you so concerned about people who do have a problem with poachers?I smell a troll.. :roll:

Offline corbanzo

« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2006, 05:16:08 PM »
Yes, I'm a troll.  I live under a bridge, and when deer go by, I eat them.  But I'm not a person, so I dont have a permit, so I should be locked up.  

I pay taxes so game wardens can worry about poachers.  I have more important things to worry about.  The problem that I do have, is you are directly calling all of us who don't agree with you criminals.  Which I take as an insult.

Offline NONYA

« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2006, 02:02:19 PM »
Where I live if you know about a crime like poaching is taking place and you do nothing,you are a criminal,Ill bet its the same in your state,if not it should be.People like you guys who choose to turn your back on game crimes are a pathetic example of a sportsman,Im glad i dont have you guys to deal with here,enjoy your ignorance! :wink:

Offline WylieKy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2006, 03:03:20 AM »
Ignorance is a self correcting situation, bitterness is a self imposed condition.  I do not believe in trading insults on a discussion board.  NONYA, if you have anything else to discuss please do so.  I enjoy a good argument, but name calling is for the schoolyard.

WylieKy

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2006, 04:19:52 PM »
:D NONYA.  Boy I would sure like to meet you and shake your hand.  You would be the first man I ever met that is perfect.

I am sure at some point in life you have observed someone breaking the law and did nothing.  Quite likely you have also broken the law, so why cast a stone when, in fact none of us are perfect.

I am sure I am about to get blasted, but before you do, think about the times you have exceeded the speed limit, ran a red light, or had a few too many drinks and got behind the wheel.  Not poaching, but breaking the law never the less.  

"Let him without sin cast the first stone." :roll:

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2006, 05:15:18 PM »
I wondered why I kept seeing this thread in those with new posts since my last visit so long. Now I see.

Folks you ALL know the rules here but you're not following them. Where is my Moderator?

IT ENDS NOW!!!! DO NOT BE THE NEXT ONE TO CONTINUE IT. DO NOT MAKE ME TAKE FURTHER ACTION OR YOU WILL NOT LIKE WHAT ACTION I TAKE.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jhm

« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2006, 02:55:12 AM »
Bill Im here and I will appologize to the other members for letting this get so personel and out of hand, the thing is locked and will stay that way and if any of the ones who were party to the personels and demanding of their oppinion try to re-post G.B. and I will take care of same.  JIM

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2006, 04:13:38 PM »
It would seem some people can't read. When I say it ends damn you better listen. Read your PM from me. Graybeard