Author Topic: Sixty Four years ago today  (Read 615 times)

Offline IntrepidWizard

• Trade Count: (0)
Sixty Four years ago today
« on: December 07, 2005, 02:03:40 AM »
It was like it was yesterday and yet it changed our lives forever,a day I  still remember well.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
64 years ago
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 02:16:11 AM »
Yes I remember it well also. Very few people do thou.
 Marv.

Offline KyBlue51

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 04:57:40 AM »
It was 15 years before my time but it affected those in my family before me. I always remember the significance of that day as it rolls around each year. The sacrifices made that day and the years to follow can't be lost to us or we are then lost. God bless all veterans.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 03:31:07 PM »
:D My mother would never let me forget, she was born Dec 7, 1905.  She passed away Dec 23, 2003.  I always thought she would make it to 100. :(

One of my Mom's brothers was on the Arizona when Pearl Harbor was bombed, he survived, and was soon joined by my father and three of his brothers  who enlisted a few days later.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 01:33:57 AM »
I know that FDR did much too withhold America from being involved in WWII but being a realist he also knew it was futile unless a miracle occurred.
The designs of the Axis would be too dominate the world.
I have found no evidence from my own research that FDR or any knew the specifics of such attack though information concerning the immanence of an attack was well circulated.
Many thought the philippines would be the source of a first attack, and, this was a more logical thought.
I know that there is much information presented about intercepts of Japanese messages but no information that would show any conspiracy on the part of FDR. It was like 9-11, there was enough information to raise concern but not specific as to location or timing.
I could be wrong, however; at this late date the barn door has been closed and the results of any information to the contrary is moot.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD