Author Topic: American Derringers  (Read 735 times)

Offline powhs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
American Derringers
« on: October 17, 2005, 07:12:01 AM »
Does anyone know anything about the American Derringer company? I found them online and the guns look good. I tried the phone number and web address with no luck. Wondering if they went out off business.

http://www.amderringer.com/guns.html

Offline KN

American Derringers
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 01:44:22 PM »
I have a DA-38 that is pretty well made. Not very accurate over 15 feet or so because the barrels are not regulated very well.   KN

Offline Win 73

• Avid Poster
American Derringers
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 03:35:12 PM »
As far as quality of construction, the American Derringers are high quality.  But they suffer from the same problems as all derringers.  They are only two shots and aren't accurate much beyond spitting distance.

I have a small Davis .32 acp derringer that I carry when I can't carry a gun.  I have a CCW permit but there are times that I can not take a chance on it being noticed that I am carrying.  It is so small that it just disappears in my pocket.  My keys make a bigger lump.
"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace."  Luke 11:21

Offline retrieverhunter

American Derringer
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 03:41:36 AM »
I have been to the "factory store" in Waco about 8 years ago and bought a couple of "blem" guns.  I have not heard anything about the demise of the company, but I'll see what I can find out from friends in the area.
Jeff S.

Offline powhs

• Avid Poster
American Derringers
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 01:38:55 PM »
Thanks Man
I just got in touch with them today. They are in business but it took two days for me to catch the owner in the store. I think she is the only one that will answer the phone. They don't mass produce anymore. Special order only. I ordered a model 7 44 spl. It will take 10 to 12 weeks to have it made. Dam I would like to swing by there and see what they have in a blemished model. What caliber did you pick up?

Offline dogngun

• Avid Poster
American Derringers
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 11:50:07 AM »
The AD products I have seen are very high quality. Remember the limitations of these weapons, and practice with it and you will be OK.

Mark