Author Topic: Graybeards Saloon and Gaming Emporium Grand Opening!!!!!  (Read 1500 times)

Offline Jax Orebetter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Graybeards Saloon and Gaming Emporium Grand Opening!!!!!
« on: January 03, 2003, 08:14:16 AM »
:D Welcome one and all!!!  The drinks are strong and the games are straight. We have Poker and Buck the Tiger (Faro). A fine selection of cee-gars and the spittoons are dumped at least once a week.  

No spitting on the floor or shooting the mirror or the bottles on the backbar!  Everything else is fair game.  :grin:
Time to fold,
Jax Orebetter #21688

www.so-mo-rangers.com

Offline Jose Grande

• Contributor
Graybeards Saloon and Gaming Emporium Grand
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2003, 11:32:25 AM »
:D All right!!! ,glad ta see the saloon up & running. Draw us a cold one Barkeep,& let the lies uh discussions begin. :-D  :-D
TREASURER-SW-GUNCLUB Inc. McComb Ms.
SASS#49686
 SASS#49686 NRA-RIFLE&PISTOL COACH               4-H RIFLE COACH 
 Crew-Chief-AA-Fuel-Altered 
                         SBSS#1110
Warthog

Offline Cabarrus Kid

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2003, 10:18:43 AM »
We got to name the Bartender. :)   :)  :)

Regards: :D

Offline Boston John Doucette

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2003, 08:30:26 AM »
Here I am again... a nice boy like me hanging out in yet ANOTHER saloon!

Then again, you meet the nicest people...

Hi, Jax!
Winter givin' you a little respite from the chiggers and humidity? :-)

BJD
Loyalty Above All Else... Except Honor

Prayer Posse... Ridin' with the Lord

Offline Jax Orebetter

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2003, 08:42:48 AM »
Howdy BJD!!

Haven't seen any chiggers or ticks for a while.  :-D   Right now I am just sitting here watching it snow.  Everyone told me it didn't do that much here.  This is the 3rd snow storm in 6 weeks. They even closed the schools. (they are a bunch of wimps down here)  There can't be more than 3-4 inches on the ground with a little drifting.  Not like the stuff we drove through in Wyoming on out way here. That wind felt like it was trying to blow us back to Orygun. :grin:  

Also wanted to tell ya I'm sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. Hope everything works out ok.

Tell your Lovely Bride we said "Howdy!!"
Time to fold,
Jax Orebetter #21688

www.so-mo-rangers.com

Offline Sweetwater Jack

• http://home.earthlink.net/~garyhanson/index.html
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2003, 06:31:27 PM »
"Ka-SLAMMM!!!"  The batwing doors fly open and into the Saloon walks the biggest, meanest, roughest, toughest, evilest-lookin' stranger the Saloon has ever seen.  And just behind HIM is Sweetwater Jack.  The BIG stranger turns with a steely-eyed look toward the bar and spots Boston John, Jax, the Cabarras Kid and Josegrande lined up at the bar. With a sneer on his lips he says; "You there!  Is this the town of Rock Ridge!!??" BJD and Jax look at each other and both say; "Nope, Rock Ridge is near a hundred miles East o' here!"  The stranger turns and heads for the door, muttering: "Dadgummed Triple A and their dumb maps, anyways!"  Sweetwater Jack, spotting friends from Toostone, heads for the bar and asks; "What town IS this, anyways/"
Those that ignore History are doomed to repeat it! To 1880,,,,,,and beyond!

Offline Holiday

• Contributor
    • http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-holidayhayes
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2003, 03:45:32 PM »
Holiday Hayes tilts his hat back and leans against the bar,"Welcome, Sweetwater! This here is Graybeard Gulch! It's good ta see ya! Have a drink on me!" :D
Holiday Hayes
Darksider, Gunfighter
"Just a simple Cowboy, tryin' ta git along"

Offline Sweetwater Jack

• http://home.earthlink.net/~garyhanson/index.html
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2003, 09:25:41 PM »
"Right neighborly of ya, Holiday! Don't mind if I do! Just rode over from Toostone and I could cut my thirst with a Bowie knife!" :grin:
Those that ignore History are doomed to repeat it! To 1880,,,,,,and beyond!

Offline Slick Fork

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2003, 04:26:01 PM »
Hello Boys,
This here looks like a place an ole bronc stomper like me could enjoy. Old whiskey, and a good looking bartender to boot. " Howdy Ma'am, names Slick Fork and I'm right proud to make yer acquaintance. Juggs ya say hmmmmm, must be because all those pretty clay containers ya handle serving out this fine smooth golden nectar." Boys now I'm not one to boast but I've been in saloons and dancehalls from here to Missoula and east to St Louie and clear out west ta Santa Barbara and I ain't never seen as a fancy barkeep as you all have here.
Well I've said my piece so I'll just set back in the corner and sip on this whiskey and listen a spell. Dust is awful thick up in Colorado. I'm sure you all got some tall tales to throw out and let me catch em. By the way Holiday why on earth was you wearing a mop on yer head the other day??????????????
Slick Fork

Offline Holiday

• Contributor
    • http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-holidayhayes
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2003, 03:46:49 PM »
Its a long story, Slick, involving a cow, the Bushwacher gang, and Andrew Quigley. I'd explain it further but it brings back to many tramatic memories! :D
Holiday Hayes
Darksider, Gunfighter
"Just a simple Cowboy, tryin' ta git along"