Author Topic: Front Bead?  (Read 525 times)

Offline Froghunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
  • Contributor
  • .38 Special and .357 S&W Magnum Stuff
Front Bead?
« on: December 16, 2005, 01:26:54 AM »
Looking at replacing mine, the wife’s and daughter’s front bead sight with Marble’s fiber optic orange sight. The shotguns are a 20 gauge TDC and two plain 22” youth barrels in 20 gauge!  The first question is what size are the threads on the sight post. The next question is does anybody know of a ramp or elevated front site to correct the sight plain of the two youth barrels. What I’m looking for is like the ones that Remington used on their plain barrel 870s and 1100s that were produced in the 60s and 70s. The wife and daughter are shooting high on the pattern paper. This is one thing I would like H&R and NEF to fix on the smaller bore Pardners. I guess the sight post would go through the elevated front site platform and secure with the old post hole threads?

Thanks for the Help!
"Think Positive and Positive Things Will Happen"

"There's Only One Bore Size and That is .357....That's MHO"

Froghunter

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Front Bead?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 04:54:08 AM »
Froghunter,

Nef has an elevated brass sight they put on the newer .410 Pardners that sticks up about 1/4"-3/8". It is not a ramp but I am sure it could then be filed down to where your POI matches your POA. Give Customer service a call, they might even send you them for free since your two guns are shooting high. They will be shutting down for the Holidays soon, if they haven't already and they don't come back until about the second week of January.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline dawei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • My Brothers Rest Here
Re: Front Bead?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 05:16:58 AM »
Quote from: Froghunter
Looking at replacing mine, the wife’s and daughter’s front bead sight with Marble’s fiber optic orange sight. The shotguns are a 20 gauge TDC and two plain 22” youth barrels in 20 gauge!  The first question is what size are the threads on the sight post. The next question is does anybody know of a ramp or elevated front site to correct the sight plain of the two youth barrels. What I’m looking for is like the ones that Remington used on their plain barrel 870s and 1100s that were produced in the 60s and 70s. The wife and daughter are shooting high on the pattern paper. This is one thing I would like H&R and NEF to fix on the smaller bore Pardners. I guess the sight post would go through the elevated front site platform and secure with the old post hole threads?

Thanks for the Help!

Why not go with these (my wife uses an MPB on her 22" barrel NEF):

http://www.northpass.com/content/category/category_1.asp