Author Topic: Not Impressed With Current Model 70 Quality  (Read 941 times)

Offline Ramrod

• Trade Count: (0)
Not Impressed With Current Model 70 Quality
« on: November 17, 2005, 02:04:21 PM »
:-D Winchester has gone down the crapper more than any other American gunmaker. They always seem to come back in some new incarnation. That said, of the two model 70s I purchased last year, I have no complaints. The cheap Black Shadow Package I picked up on closeout at Wally-Word is exactly what one should expect from a bottom line rifle. Shoots OK, looks like crap, starts rusting the minute the weatherman forcasts rain. Pretty good for a $300. rifle with scope, though. The other, a Classic Safari Express, is worth every eighty five thousand pennies I paid for it, and probably double that compared to some others I looked at. The fit and finish is excellent, the bluing is beautifull, and the gun just screams "Big Game Hunting Rifle"! :D
"Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine." Patti Smith

Offline gunpilot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
wally world crap
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 06:44:17 AM »
wally world sells crap. what do you expect? I know a gundealer whose customer said he could get the same rifle cheaper at wally. It was made cheaper specially for wally. When the gun would not function he took it to the gun dealer. Maybe you should take the gun back to uncle wally and have their gunsmith re-blue it at no charge.