Author Topic: The Price Of Natural Gas/Fuel Oil  (Read 495 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
The Price Of Natural Gas/Fuel Oil
« on: December 09, 2005, 01:35:54 PM »
Just heard about the price of natural gas going through the roof.  The price of fuel oil here really hurts.  I just paid $735.00 to have my tank topped off.  Waiting till I needed a full tank would have be out of the question.  How much longer are we going to let the enviromentalist hold us over a barrel?  There is loads of natural gas on the North Slope, yet they won't let us put in a pipeline to get it to the lower 48, or even here in Fairbanks.  The latest reports are that there is more oil on the North Slope than Saudi has.  But there again they won't let the oil companies drill.  If it weren't for the environmentalist americia could be totally oil independent.  We need to start screaming louder than they do.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Cowpox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
price of fuel
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 04:27:17 PM »
I'm with you sourdough.  Now, if we could just come up with a way to harness the energy expended by environmentalists, while they are saving some creature no one has ever seen, we probably wouldn't need the fuel they keep off limits.
I rode with him,---------I got no complaints. ---------Cowpox

Offline Shakyshooter

• http://www.bovclan.com
Gas/oil prices
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 08:40:52 PM »
I  worked for a Company called Methanex until last week . Our plant was shut down due to  natural gas prices . I live in northwest B.C. 18 years ago they told us it would be the cheapest fuel around for along time...now the cost that the natural gas company charges me just to read my meter and to  bill me(never mind gas consumed)each month is about  equal to half my hydro bill after i gutted my house of all gas using products and switched to hydro. I have a new job but  must leave my home province and town to the great Northeast Alberta area. My job will be working in the oil/gas industry  apparently we have plentyof it...i just dont get it. :cry:

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 09:19:20 PM »
You guys have lots of gas in the McKinzie river area, from what I understand the first nation people are holding up that project.  They want compensation for leting the gas lines cross their lands.  That problem is possiably going to present problems with the Alaska line going to the lower 48.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline magooch

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 03:34:14 AM »
Let's call a spade, a spade.  The people who are standing in the way of developing resources might think of themselves as environmentalists, but they are primarily Dumbycrats in the U.S. Congress.  Oh yea, there are a few who call themselves Republicans, but for the life of me, I don't know why.
Swingem