Author Topic: New USH Deluxe 20 gauge puts the smack down on a good doe...  (Read 678 times)

Offline TNhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
New USH Deluxe 20 gauge puts the smack down on a good doe...
« on: December 31, 2005, 06:56:08 PM »
This was the first deer I've been able to take with my new USH Deluxe. The deer was slightly quartering to me - hit it right behind the right shoulder blade and bullet passed through a couple of ribs, made mush out of the top/back side of both lungs, shredded the liver (I mean shredded it), then passed through the gut and exited right under and in front of the left back leg with a hole about the size of a silver dollar. The deer trotted about 15 yards and was standing there trying to figure out what happened and the chest cavity finally filled up with blood and it started gushing out. It looked like a hose pipe was on full tilt. Went down for the count about 5 yards and 5 seconds later. I was using the 3/4 oz Federal 3" with Barnes Expander bullet (1450 fps I believe). Needless to say I'm very pleased with its on-game performance so far! I still want to find a better, more consitent shooting round for this gun though (wanting to try out the 1700 fps Winchester Platinum Tip). I tried out the Winchester Partition Gold earlier today (1900 fps). Shot 2 shots from 50 yards - they hit the target about 5 or 6" apart. I didn't waste the 3rd shot. I'm going to pass the remaining 3 shells on to my hunting partner to see if his gun will like them.  If the platinum tips don't pattern well I'm going to give the Remington solid copper rounds a go.

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
New USH Deluxe 20 gauge puts the smack down
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 06:20:22 PM »
Congrats TNHUnter...Good to hear that the USH worked out for you.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 06:37:07 PM »
Congratulations TNhunter! My USH LE likes all of the slugs, some better than others.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline hellacatcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 02:31:51 AM »
Good shooting. You have a week to do it agin. I put my guns up yesterday got five in the frezzer. Should have took the ol slug gun out but never did.
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline Extremesolo

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 06:38:15 AM »
I think you will like the copper solids.  I know my USH 20 shot the copper solids and the 3/4 oz. barnes expanders the best.  The platinum tips weren't bad but definately not as good as the other two.  I also tried the buckhammers but for some reason I had 4 misfires out of 5 shells so I was not impressed with them.  I will get another box and try them again because they are roughly the same velocity as the copper solids but they are heavier and leave a much bigger hole since they are full diameter.
Stop telling God how big your problems are, and start telling your problems how big your God is!