Author Topic: Policlips MX-93 semiautomatic bullet caster  (Read 1699 times)

Offline sundogg1911

• Trade Count: (0)
Policlips MX-93 semiautomatic bullet caster
« on: October 28, 2003, 08:43:07 AM »
Has anyone ever heard of this? I have a chance to pick one up at a pretty good price.  I cant find much information (any) online, but it looks similar to a Magma Master Caster. (Unless I can find one of them used!) :-D

Offline AnthonyB

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2003, 01:30:01 PM »
sundog, is this you?  I can't comment on that machine, but can say I had a few weeks with the Master Caster I picked up for BD.  After playing with it I wished I had faced the War Department head-on and bought it myself.  Tony

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Policlips MX-93 semiautomatic bullet caster
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2003, 01:32:41 PM »
have you got more info on it is there more available
Quote from: sundogg1911
Has anyone ever heard of this? I have a chance to pick one up at a pretty good price.  I cant find much information (any) online, but it looks similar to a Magma Master Caster. (Unless I can find one of them used!) :-D
blue lives matter

Offline Blackhawk44

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2003, 01:42:53 PM »
No personal experience, but have seen them listed in references for 15-20 years.  Can't find any website.  Should find them listed in either Gun Digest (manufacturers-handloading-cast bullets) or Handloaders Digest (same).

Offline sundogg1911

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2003, 02:51:28 PM »
If I can find the adapters for it (If they are still being produced) so that I can use my 4 cavity Lyman moulds and my RCBS moulds i'll be very happy. Next i'll have to get something faster to lube 'em with (Im using a Lyman 450 with a heater) Then i'll have to quit my jog, so I have time to shoot more! It just never ends! :lol:

Offline Kenneth L. Walters

• Avid Poster
Bullet Casting Machines
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2003, 03:40:26 PM »
I've always wondered about these.  Over the years several friends have bought them.  Some loved them.  Some hated them.  For casting handgun bullets they seem to work pretty well.  For casting large 50-70 bullets they may not be a good choice.  At least that seems to be the jist of the experiences I've heard about.

Offline sundogg1911

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2003, 01:54:20 PM »
I decided to pass on the Policlips. It only had .38 moulds with it, (a wadcutter and a semi-wadcutter) and I was unable to find much info, other than they were made in Italy, and they don't seem as well made as the master caster. I save my nickels for a while and just buy one of them.
that was I can still use all my Lyman and RCBS moulds with it. (It sold for a little under $400) :roll: