Author Topic: ATN Scopes  (Read 814 times)

Offline Pinebark

• Trade Count: (0)
ATN Scopes
« on: December 18, 2005, 06:54:28 AM »
Thinking about an ATN 6x18x65 LU scope to go on a 300 win mag encore. Anybody use these scopes and if so what are yoyr feelings about them?

Offline jason280

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
ATN Scopes
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 03:28:58 PM »
Run, run away from them!!

Have you actually seen one of these scopes in person?  They are absolutely huge, and weigh better than 2lbs (if not close to 3).  It makes my Weaver GS 4.5-14x40 look like a compact scope!

I have yet to read anything good about these scopes, and I have been far from impressed with them.  Do a search on the various gun boards.  The optics are comparable to typical Soviet glass, like what you would find on the PSO scopes (with a little yellow tint).  I actually owned one for about a week, and couldn't imagine what I would mount it on.  The eye relief is pretty long, and the crosshairs are almost too small to see on the lowest setting.  I traded a guy for it, and the scope seems to be more of a novelty than anything else.  Not only that, but they are close to $450 new.  I mean, don't get me wrong, the optics are decent (just not $400+ "decent"), and they are built like a tank.  And they do have lighted reticles.  But, they are HUGE and BULKY!

Personally, I would stay away from them.
"Hey Peter, check out Channel 9!!"

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
ATN Scopes
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 07:06:32 PM »
I never had the chance to check out many of these, but I was under the impression that they where mainly used by the 50cal BMG fellas.
Perhaps I'm wrong....