Author Topic: helping my nephew (Thanks!)  (Read 447 times)

Offline randyb

• Trade Count: (0)
helping my nephew (Thanks!)
« on: January 06, 2006, 02:34:15 PM »
To everyone reading this.  As some of you know my nephew Jonathan Kerr has been battling liver cancer for the last two years (he is 9 years old now).  He has endured a great deal of chemotherapy and surgery to make it this far.  Unfortunately his insurance is now refusing to pay for a new treatment that might cure him.  There are programs, which can fund his treatment, even if insurance will not pay, but it can take years to get through all the red tape.  It has been recommended to Jonathans family to have everyone send an e-mail to support him and encourage the hospital to go ahead with the treatment using their funds raised by various charitable donations.  Please send an email to this address and we are told that the hospital will reply to each one sent.

www.choa.org

A “form letter” template:

We are writing on behalf of Jonathan D. Kerr, a nine-year-old cancer patient at Scottish Rite Children’s Hospital.  His insurance company despite the possibility it might save his live has repeatedly denied the treatment recommend by his oncologist.  We implore you to use whatever funds necessary in order to provide the best possible treatment for this little boy.

Signed,

Friends, Family, and Prayer Partners

<Sign your name>
A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
Theodore Roosevelt