Author Topic: A little to late  (Read 842 times)

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
A little to late
« on: January 02, 2006, 08:13:27 AM »
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline williamlayton

A little to late
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 12:19:03 AM »
I agree with the death penalty.
I would demand that the death penalty be administered to the correct person, without a shadow of doubt.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Tn Jim

• A Real Regular
A little to late
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 04:24:40 AM »
The problem is technology is forever growing and changing. The testing procedures that were state of the art 20 years ago are obsolete today. Since DNA testing is the big thing today (watch CSI sometime) it is only going to continue to advance. That is going to be used to find more people that were wrongfully convicted and released. I'm for the death penalty also and agree it must be beyond any doubt, but second guessing 10 or 15 years after the execution isn't helping anything.
Not all Muslims are terrorist, but oddly enough, all terrorist are Muslims.

Offline victorcharlie

A little to late
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 05:33:16 AM »
How would you like to be the "one mistake"?

The problem with the death penalty is once done there's no going back.

We all know how screwed up things get when the government gets involved, but yet we're accepting the infalability of the DA's office and the courts?

It's barbaric, cruel and unusual punishment that's banned in just about all "civilized" countries.  

Black men are 50 times more likely to get the death penalty than a white man.......(yea, I'm a white guy, but facts are facts)........

And the list goes on and on.....there are just to many problems with the whole process to list here..........

A few years ago I wouldn't have had any second thoughts about the matter.......now, I just don't see it as any thing other than vengence.....and one mistake is to many, especially if it's you!

It's wrong IMHO......and........while a premeditated killer is due punishment.....

2 wrongs don't make a right..........

I guess I'm one of the few "right wingers" who just don't see what good comes of it...........
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline JoeG52

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
A little to late
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 11:06:28 AM »
How would you like to be the "one mistake"?

From the article you linked.. “If the tests show Roger Keith Coleman did not rape and murder his sister-in-law in 1981, it will mark the first time in the United States an executed person has been scientifically proved innocent”

The problem with the death penalty is once done there's no going back.
It also eliminates repeat offenders and prevents murderers from being released to prey on more victims.

We all know how screwed up things get when the government gets involved, but yet we're accepting the infalability of the DA's office and the courts?
Trial by jury of peers.

It's barbaric, cruel and unusual punishment that's banned in just about all "civilized" countries. I donÂ’t see the death penalty any more barbaric or cruel than what the murderers did to their victims.

Black men are 50 times more likely to get the death penalty than a white man.......(yea, I'm a white guy, but facts are facts)........

Maybe black men are 50 times more likely to commit murder.

Offline Leverdude

• A Real Regular
A little to late
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 12:12:39 PM »
Capitol punishment is something I'v always been for but must admit it bothers me in that I know mistakes can be made. Still in the vast majority of these cases if theres any real question the accused usually gets life.
One good thing about all this is that science is removing that doubtfullnes a little at a time. It seems a waste tho to use this technology after a sentence has been carried out. What to do if they find he was innocent? Jail the DA & Jury?
Its a shame IMO to politicize someones misfortune & thats what we're seeing. Wether he did it or not.
Freedoms not free!
Support your NRA!

Offline olbiffer

A little to late
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 07:45:24 AM »
hmm. you reap what you sow, dont do the crime if you cant to the time,what goes around comes around. our justice system may not be 100% but its the best around. why should we give mercy to someone who showed no mercy? just thinkin outloud.            T

Offline powderman

A little to late
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 08:20:06 AM »
Of course mistakes have been made, but I still support the death penalty. Too many rapes, murders, etc, are committed every day by formerly convicted, and rehabed  felons, ONE is too many. Maybe capitol punishment won't deter crime, but it sure stops the repeat offenders. No reason for my tax $ keeping these scum alive for 20+ years, or life. POWDERMAN.  :D  :D  :D  :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline williamlayton

A little to late
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2006, 02:22:10 PM »
I would rather 10 guilty go free than 1 innocent be convicted.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline victorcharlie

A little to late
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 09:32:26 AM »
DNA testing confirmed that this man's sperm was in fact that found in his murdered sister-in-law.  Looks like he was guilty.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060112/ap_on_re_us/execution_dna
Barry Goldwater

Offline jimster

A little to late
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 12:54:12 PM »
This man tried to rape someone a few months before he got caught up in this mess. Had the intended victom been armed, he'd be dead already.

Nuff said.