Author Topic: vx-1 vs. rifleman vs. 3200  (Read 1627 times)

Offline DavOh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
vx-1 vs. rifleman vs. 3200
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2006, 03:52:42 PM »
Quote from: Krochus
Quote from: Redhawk1
Quote from: bluebayou
Redhawk,
So it's only okay to joke or to be rude if you have smiley faces at the end of the sentence?  :-D  :-D  :-D

You should have read what he had posted yesterday BEFORE he changed his reply. :shock:

Man if you don't sound like a little kid on the play ground. Teacher teacher look what Johnny is doing.  Krochus grow up and quit trying to steer the pot every chance you get.  :roll:

That's stir the pot not steer.  :)  :)  :)

+1 on the Bushnell banner shotgun scopes they are built like tanks, If only I could find some replacement turret covers for mine :cry:

quick someone quote me quoting someone who's quoting someone else who's quoting someone else who's quoting someone else.....

maybe we'll make the graybeard record book for the longest lasting childish bickering......  :)
-Davoh

Offline R.W.Dale

• Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2006, 04:32:02 PM »

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2006, 04:34:05 PM »
Quote from: DavOh
Redhawk,
So it's only okay to joke or to be rude if you have smiley faces at the end of the sentence?  :-D  :-D  :-D

You should have read what he had posted yesterday BEFORE he changed his reply. :shock:

Man if you don't sound like a little kid on the play ground. Teacher teacher look what Johnny is doing.  Krochus grow up and quit trying to steer the pot every chance you get.  :roll:

That's stir the pot not steer.  :)  :)  :)

+1 on the Bushnell banner shotgun scopes they are built like tanks, If only I could find some replacement turret covers for mine :cry:

quick someone quote me quoting someone who's quoting someone else who's quoting someone else who's quoting someone else.....

maybe we'll make the graybeard record book for the longest lasting childish bickering......  :)

Now Why would I wanna do that? :grin:

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2006, 04:57:07 PM »
Krochus, thanks for the spell check.  :D  I am finding it hard to be perfect all the time.  :-D   :toast:
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2006, 05:02:36 PM »
Krochus, have you tried gun shops for the replacement turret covers. I have seen a lot of covers in the gun smith shop I go to also. I guess he keeps them from old scopes. If not call Bushnell, I am sure they will help.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2006, 04:18:28 AM »
Krochus, have you tried gun shops for the replacement turret covers. I have seen a lot of covers in the gun smith shop I go to also. I guess he keeps them from old scopes. If not call Bushnell, I am sure they will help.

The problem I'm having is the locals don't have any as the banner takes a specal size. Funny thing I filled an order form out from bushnell to order some replacements and mailed it 6 months ago. I have yet to recieve any sort of reply yet. Mabye it got lost in the mail mabye not I dunno.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2006, 08:12:52 PM »
On the Leupolds your eye relief will change for each power setting. At low power your eye relief will be longer but as your turn up the power your eye relief will shorten and you will have to move your eye and head closer to the eyepiece to have the same view as you did when you sighted in at a different power. WDO

I own 3 different Leupold VX-1's right now..the 2x7 the 3x9 and the 4x12...I also own a couple Burris FF and Simmons Atechs and a Meuller...for my eyes...the VX1 are the best scopes I have...with their non-criticle eye relief..it doesn't matteras much as to where my head is on the stock..or how close I am to the scope or how far away...it is still bright and clear and in focus.That is one of the beauties of the Leupolds...most who has some of these on their hard recoiling rifles will tell you just how rugged and dependable they are...and I have never had the friction ring adjustment move...even on my hardest recoiling 45-70 loads...not once...and I've shot a bunch across them.Are they the best scope for the money..for my eyes they are...and I've done the same thing...taking them outside to compare them,out from under the store lights.I did notice one thing when comparing a bunch of the different ones...and that was some of them had smudges on the glass...make sure they are clean before comparing..

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline bluebayou

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2006, 12:29:20 PM »
Man!  I hate to admit anything (I have been kinda anti-Leupold lately) good about Leupold.  But, you guys have a VERY valid point about the eyerelief.  I have the Legend and the Trophy (okay, not the same price point) have crappy eyerelief.  The Simmons AETEC and WTE that I use are good, but the lenses aren't up to snuff.  I still sit on the "overpriced" side of the fence, but I wholeheartedly give them points on eyerelief and eyebox.

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2006, 05:19:43 PM »
Man!  I hate to admit anything (I have been kinda anti-Leupold lately) good about Leupold.  But, you guys have a VERY valid point about the eyerelief.  I have the Legend and the Trophy (okay, not the same price point) have crappy eyerelief.  The Simmons AETEC and WTE that I use are good, but the lenses aren't up to snuff.  I still sit on the "overpriced" side of the fence, but I wholeheartedly give them points on eyerelief and eyebox.

It is OK to be on the darkside. :-D   I knew you had it in you.  :D   :toast:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA