Author Topic: WHICH SIGHTS TO PUT ON NEW M-4  (Read 814 times)

Offline dscp

• Trade Count: (199)
  • Active Trader Life
WHICH SIGHTS TO PUT ON NEW M-4
« on: November 23, 2006, 04:55:25 PM »
HOWDY!         JUST GOT IN A NEW M-4 (MY FIRST SHORTY) . WHAT ARE THE RECOMENDATIONS FOR OPTICAL SIGHTS ? ESPECIALLY FOR LOW LIGHT ? WHY?
I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT.
THANKS TO ALL,
dscp
ENDOWEMENT MEMBER NATIONAL RIFLE ASSN
UNITED STATES NAVY RETIRED

Offline patm41

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: WHICH SIGHTS TO PUT ON NEW M-4
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 12:10:24 AM »
Id go with a Eotech.. the large window gives good quick aiming. the illumination is adjustable
and they are well made..  but they are not cheap..

Offline DEPUTY

• A Real Regular
    • http://MGOUC.COM
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 05:54:31 PM »
having owned both and deployed both aimpoints and eotechs

i can say  this aimpoint wins hands down  in a lot of area over the eotechs
  iam t&E several new versions of eotechs about th eto be released at shot show in 07...... some nice  toys

the aimpoints have a 50k hours off 1 4 dollar battery

eotech you might get a 1k hours......... off lithiums AA or the cr123 f you have a 553 ot the new 557  that will be coming out............ dont ask

also the aimppoint has proteced  elev/wngj  adj caps the eotech doesnt and can be   jammed up  sand dirt etc.........( i have seen it it in class and work...)

current push button  on eo is harder to adj than the aimpoint with gloves on in cold weather and the like....... vs aimpoint  shall i go on

Offline scout34

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 12:09:18 PM »
Depends on what you want to do with it of course.  For general purpose use a reflex sight is the way to go with an M4 (Eotec, Holosight, etc).  Not much point in putting a high mag scope on your 16" M4.  I went with a C-More combination A2/Red -dot that takes the place of the sight handle.  Much more compact than most other models and has the iron sights as an immediately available back up if something goes wrong.  Only disadvantage to this sight is that the red dot is visible from the front, though it can be cranked down fairly low.  It is also NVG compatable.  Took one to Iraq and it worked great...until I got issued an M14  ;D.

Pat,

I was just looking at the picture of your rifle.  Is that a John Deere logo?

Offline RemingtonMagnum

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 06:16:37 AM »
Id go with a Eotech.. the large window gives good quick aiming. the illumination is adjustable
and they are well made..  but they are not cheap..

Parallax what a subject. I ask that you forgive me for grabbing this topic but the Ar with this sight is to much to resist jumping in and asking. Hopefully, because some have this sights you can give me a little help. Parallax only exist with twin vision, two eye sight. I have never had twin vision to my remembrance. At two I lost my left eye sight. So after exhausted studying I can only imagine what and how Parallax works and exist.

My question is will the “Ecotech” Parallax action work with single vision. The only statements made in all the literature is that it works with both eyes open. The statements say that regardless of the location of the target + the Ecotech is still in MOA. So if you close your left eye will the Parallax remain a constant correctness.

I ask these question realizing that what is missing in my visual field is reversed in you two vision field. Even closing one eye is not experiencing single vision as pertaining with Parallax. The brain will auto adjust even if you loose single vision and have one good vision remaining.

You can’t teach me to walk on the moon because I have and most likely will never be on the moon.

Also I just discovered I was thinking of mounting the Ecotech backwards. Now I know better. I have a lot to learn.

Don Jackson Remington Magnum/Ultramag