Author Topic: Well my friends in Iraq!  (Read 269 times)

Offline NYH1

• Trade Count: (0)
Well my friends in Iraq!
« on: January 15, 2006, 10:03:07 AM »
My friend Jeff has been in the Baghdad sector of Iraq for a few weeks now. He's on a 12 to 18 month deployment. He's with the 1-61st Cav, 4th Brigade, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault)! His unit go's out on combat patrol's daily, sometimes a few times a day. I usually get to talk to him at least once and maybe even two times a day on-line. Their 8 hours ahead of us. I work second shift (3 pm. to 11 pm.) so when I'm getting ready to go to work (2 pm. here, 10 pm. there) he's settling down and getting ready to go to bed we'll talk for a few. When I get home from work (11 pm. here, 7 am. there) he's usually getting up and getting ready for breakfast, he usually gives me a "whats up"! His spirits are high! :grin:  He's only been there a few week, but he believes in what he's doing so I hope they remain high, he still has a long why to go!

Last weekend was tough when that Black Hawk went down. It was attached the the 101st Aviation Brigade, which is the helicopter unit that supports the 101st Airborne Division. I talked to Jeff the next day and he didn't even hear about it.

I know my fellow New Yorker, ironglow's grandson is in the Marines and has also been deployed to Iraq. I've been thinking of Josh glow! :grin:
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"