Author Topic: I just talked to my buddy on the phone from Iraq!!!!  (Read 382 times)

Offline NYH1

• Trade Count: (0)
I just talked to my buddy on the phone from Iraq!!!!
« on: February 05, 2006, 09:23:53 PM »
He IM'd me at 3:05 am my time (11:05 his time) and said he was going to call me . 10 seconds later he was on the phone. He's with the 1-61st Cav, 4th Brigade, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) in the Baghdad sector of Iraq. THAT WAS AWESOME. He's been deployed since mid November. He is on a 12 to 18 month deployment. I just can't believe he called from Iraq! I just can't explain how I feel!
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline tscott

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
I just talked to my buddy on the phone from
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 02:01:06 AM »
My niece just got back from her second tour of flying Blackhawks....
I feel that we all owe these heros a debt of gratitude!!!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 04:57:58 PM »
NY Hunter;

I woke this morning to the news that 3 Marines in my grandson's unit were killed and others wounded in Hit (near Ramadi), Iraq.
  I did some difficult calling through channels and found with some relief that my grandson was " not on the casualty list "..

Much relieved, but still stressed..those casualties were someone's sons/grandsons..my heart goes out to them.

These troops we have facing this treacherous enemy in Iraq   have to be among the finest we, as a nation, have ever produced..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Nightrain52

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 03:03:17 AM »
Please tell the men and women service people there in Iraq and elsewhere we are proud of them and grateful for their service to our country. May God bless and keep them safe.
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS