Author Topic: black & gray laminate  (Read 548 times)

Offline jimmymo

• Trade Count: (1)
black & gray laminate
« on: January 12, 2006, 08:06:38 PM »
Hey new to forum.I have a black (pepper) laminate stocked 223 bull nef.It is the nickel finish.I haven't seen any of these and was wondering if it is a commemorative or what?I have seen a couple on some sale sites but they are  national trapper comm. with medallions.Mine has no medallion.Bought new and just wondering what I got.Second letter is a R (2001?)Any info would be appreciated!

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
black & gray laminate
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 02:04:25 AM »
Hello jimmymo!  

Wecome to the forum.  There are lots of great folks hear who know a great deal about the Handi's.  You found the correct location to learn about the Handi Rifles, but it does get addictive.

I don't know very much about the gray laminated wood, but have picked up some info along the way.  

From what I've learned they don't appear to be a regular production item.  I've only seen two of them in gun shops and each was being sold as a package with a scope, rings and mounts.  I have seen this twice.  Once in a shop in PA and in a shop in Harrisonburg, Va.  These are the only two places I've seen the gray laminates on a shelf.  The employee at the Va shop said they are available as a special order to dealers and come as a scoped package deal.  His version had a Bushnell Banner, I believe.

I purchased the one in Pa.  It was a 7mm-08 and came with a Bushnell Sportsman 3X9.

In a conversation with a gentleman at NEF customer service a while back, I learned that the Gray Laminate wood is available for purchase.  There is a part number, but I don't recall what it was.  

Now that a think about it, I seem to recall that the gentleman told me that the Gray's were available to dealers upon request, but I cannot recall if he said they were exclusive to a scoped package deal.

Hope this helps.  If you should find out anything further, lets us know.

Again, welcome.

EVOC ONE

Offline jimmymo

black & gray laminate
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 04:29:16 AM »
Thanks evoc!Mine wasn't scoped.Hard to find much on these.I thought maybe someone had a list of different stock combos and year of mfg.Thanks for info!!  Jimmy

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
black & gray laminate
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 07:59:47 AM »
Welcome Aboard :D

Sounds like you got a unique rifle there :agree: You can check the dates of manufacture in the FAQ's. It sounds like you might have a limited production gun.NEF has made various types before for Davidson's and Fontleroy Sporting goods,and usually the number of units like yours is anywhere from 250 units and up. Give Jennifer or Gordon a call at NEF customer service and see if they can get you the specifics on your rifle.

Good Luck and let us know what you find out

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
black & gray laminate
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 12:53:49 PM »
jimmymo,
I came across an unusual combo last year at Gander and purchased it.  I have tried several times to find out who it was made for and the answer has been the same.  Suppliers order different variations of them and they are made to that spec.  They wouldn't tell me who the supplier was that ordered my combo.  That happens with Walmart, too.  My local Wally has some youth models in it's case that do not match the specs of the catalog.  When I talke to H&R  CS they said those were made special.  Good Luck.  Hope this helps.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Coastwatcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
black & gray laminate
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 02:03:18 PM »
My Guru had a bull barrel .223 with the gray laminate stocks on it in stock one day, but I didn't buy it because I already have a .223.   I've regretted it ever since.
My prayers are always answered,  sometimes the answer is no...........

Offline jimmymo

black & gray laminate
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 03:04:12 PM »
Thanks for the info guys!I been thinkin about calling nef and trying to find out a little.I'll try to get some pics on here.Love the way it shoots and looks so really don't matter what it is,but ya just wonder when you haven't seen or heard of many like it.It's about the only gun i've had that when someone asks what i'd take for it I say wouldn't sell at any price,course any is a lot.But seriously thanks for the feedback! Jimmy