Author Topic: 20 ga choke tube barrels available  (Read 390 times)

Offline gimphunter

• Trade Count: (1)
20 ga choke tube barrels available
« on: January 17, 2006, 02:08:49 PM »
I e-mailed customer service about these, and they replied that the 22" 20 ga. choke tube barrels are available for $77 plus fitting and shipping. No details on which choke tube it comes with.

Seems like a high price, but then I haven't asked my 'smith what he charges to chop and thread a barrel. I already have a 26" 20-ga. mod-choke barrel.

D

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 03:32:58 PM »
gimphunter,

I bet it would cost you around $75 to get a barrel cut and threaded and only if it has enough meat. In the past, some of the guys have ordered the barrels without the choke and can save a little there. You would have to check with CS to see how much though. You would have to have some Win-Chokes to use the barrel however.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 03:42:32 PM »
I would guess from what I heard Busta is pretty close at $75.00 to have it done by a smith. I don't real know why but I have a hankering for one of those barrels too.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 11:40:55 PM »
Wha da ya mean??   You know you love those 22" barrels for a carry gun.  It doesn't get any better...a 22"CT barrel.  That's a NO BRAINER for me.  I love my 20ga shorty.  I am surprized they are available for the Accessory Barrel Program already.  I haven't even seen any in inventory on SportsSouth yet.  I GOTTA GET ME ONE A THESE.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Froghunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
  • Contributor
  • .38 Special and .357 S&W Magnum Stuff
Y’all are killing me with this one!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 10:52:12 AM »
My wife and daughter both have the 22” Modified barrels on their NEF and H&R shotguns. This Thursday the wife is going to try the skeet range. I have reloaded her 25 brush loads, with the velocity, not sure how they will open up! We will see how she does, but I know if she and my daughter continue to enjoy shooting. I will have to do something, cause them little disc are a pain in the #### to put in them shotgun shell wads. I will probability have this done and H&R will come out with the 22” youth barrel with a ventilated rib and screw in chokes. Anybody thing they may make one of this barrel with vent-rib.
"Think Positive and Positive Things Will Happen"

"There's Only One Bore Size and That is .357....That's MHO"

Froghunter