Author Topic: Tamer Stocks...Recoil  (Read 450 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Tamer Stocks...Recoil
« on: February 25, 2006, 02:02:08 AM »
Is it possible to put a recoil pad on a Tamer stock?  That's a lot lighter stock than a pallet wood.  I would think recoil would be a lot more.  Has any one done up a 12 or 20 with the Tamer?  How do they shoot?

Cookie
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Tamer Stocks...Recoil
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 04:16:34 AM »
I have stretched a med limbsaver slip on onto one. I got it on clearence and I'd go with a large if I was doing it again. Ugly but it works
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
Tamer Stocks...Recoil
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 04:33:56 AM »
You think it would be possible to mount a screw on type...if you drilled holes in the stock clean through it and used screws with lock nuts?  It would have to be the grindable type or it would look pretty weird/ugly.  Just tossin' some ideas around!
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Tamer Stocks...Recoil
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 01:17:24 PM »
I don't know if it is realy needed , the recoil on my daughters 20 ga. is low enough that i can shoot it one handed with her Tamer stock .

With the pistol grip most of the recoil is transfered to your hand not the sholder .
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
Tamer Stocks...Recoil
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 11:49:04 PM »
Thanks stimpylu32.
I was wondering about that.  I knew the recoil characteristics would change, and I wondered just how much difference the pistol grip would make.  
Haven't got around to it yet, but would like to have a set of those stocks mated up to my 22" 12ga barrel.  I think it would make a great camp gun.  Thought I might try to get hold of a mannlicher fore arm for it too.  Paint it black.  Just think it would look cool. LOL
Cookie
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"