Author Topic: Can you pass this test ?  (Read 517 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Can you pass this test ?
« on: January 12, 2006, 03:01:03 AM »
I would like to refert to it as the "independent thought" test...

I am clearly of the "right wing" fraternity..but to prove that I can still put aside "feelings" an think critically, I shall try to be 'even handed" in criticism at this time.

There are many "important" people that are stiil listened to in a political context that should have decided long ago to retire to their rocking chair and leave political comment to others..perhaps their natural successors...Because frankly, they sometimes say stupid things that indicate the faculties are not as powerful as they once were...
   Watching those Senate hearing concerning Judge Alito...i observed at least one and possibly two senators that really would best serve the people by spending their days ..going fishing..

That being said, I will nominate some for retirement (to save familial embarassment), who may well have done great things at one time, but now appear in their reasonings to be "'round the bend"....

Two (my opinion) from each side of the aisle, politically, to prove MY fairness:

1) On the left; Harry Bellefonte

2) On the right: Pat Robertson

3) On the left John Murtha

4) On the right: John McCain

Now, here's the test, which ever side of the aisle you're on, do your best to sugest an even number from either side as candidates...a test of YOUR fairness...

I don't expect any John Kerrys or Geo. Bushes ..that would only reflect upon the poster...be genuine about it.

If you really can't think of any on your side of the aisle, feel free to reflect in agreement with the ones I have already suggested..

Do you DARE to try the fair-minded test ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline killdeer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Can you pass this test ?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 04:17:46 PM »
on the left......Sen Kennedy
    on the left.......Sen Kennedy

sorry, I failed :oops:

KD

Offline Shorty

• Trade Count: (0)
Can you pass this test ?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 11:33:17 AM »
On the right; John Warner.  'Supported the assault weapons ban extension.

Offline mjbgalt

• Trade Count: (26)
Can you pass this test ?
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 03:33:39 PM »
left- Diane Feinstein, she is just railing against conservatism, not FOR anything.

left- Harry Reid, he is just a nag and an obstructionist.

right- John McCain, he supported campaign finance reform and wrote it in such a way that he knew he and others could sidestep it and still have their money.

right- Newt Gingrich, (eyeing a possible run) he left his wife terminally ill for a younger aide, even though he shilled to get Clinton out of office for similar behavior. Newt is a brilliant man and has good ideas but I think that he was right about Clinton....and I think he should step out of the limelight and follow his own advice.

-Matt
I have it on good authority that the telepromter is writing a stern letter.