Author Topic: Taurus Thunderbolt...  (Read 1095 times)

Offline slide-flipper

• Trade Count: (0)
Taurus Thunderbolt...
« on: April 12, 2006, 12:39:04 PM »
Is this gun legal for CAS?  Anybody have any experience with one?  

slide-flipper

Offline Lazarus Longshot

• Avid Poster
Taurus Thunderbolt...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 04:44:15 PM »
The Taurus Thunderbolt is legal in all SASS categories except Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl, as it's a replica of the Colt Lightning rifle. I've had a .38/.357 CCH on order for almost a year, and it looks like Taurus will be cranking up to manufacture them in that caliber in another three months or so. So maybe I'll have my gun in about six months.....

There's quite a few Thunderbolts in .45 Colt out there now, and most reports have been pretty good. The folks over on the SASS Wire have reported a few of the early ones had problems, but the Taurus warranty appears to have worked pretty well; some rifles were even replaced rather than repaired.
SASS #44254L, ROII
SBSS #1314, OGB- SCORRS
NRA Endowment - TSRA Life - GOA Life
Oakwood Outlaws - Thunder River Renegades
[img]

Offline slide-flipper

thanks!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 05:39:29 PM »
I got a price of +/- $345 on it so if I can get the family accountant to agree, it looks like one will find a home in the safe...  I don't do CAS now but maybe in the future... looks like a lot of fun!  Figure I'll get the toys in case I want to play.

slide-flipper

Offline timothy

• Contributor
Taurus Thunderbolt...
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 04:56:41 PM »
I paid 409$ for mine and have been very happy with it.

Offline BlkHawk73

• GBO Supporter
Taurus Thunderbolt...
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 05:22:43 AM »
thinking about one of these myself.  Won't lkely be my promary CAS rifle as I'm proberly getting a Marlin 1894 in .32 mag for that.  Still like the allure of the Lighnting though.
"Never Surrender, Just Carry On."  - G.S.

Offline slide-flipper

it sort of grew on me...
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 05:46:41 AM »
I thought it was ugly as sin when I saw the first pictures... but then I looked at it a little closer it wasn't too ugly... then I saw the price... better lookin' yet... 14 ROUNDS?  Goodness!  A thing of pure beauty!!!  So, it's on order, won't be able to play until Nov or Dec when I take some leave in the US... Maybe by then I can get a litter mate for it... I'll name it the 1895 Cowboy...

slide-flipper

Offline kevin.303

• Trade Count: (1)
Taurus Thunderbolt...
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 05:56:35 PM »
saw the write up in the latest G & A, and now i want one in .38/.357. domn't shoot CAS, but think this would be good just to play with and for close up deer hunting. and i like the fact they didn't build in a disconnect, so 14 rounds as fast as you cak rack the slide....
" oh we didn't sink the bismarck, and we didn't fight at all, we spent our time in Norfolk and we really had a ball. chasing after women while our ship was overhauled, living it up on grapefruit juice and sick bay alcohol"