Author Topic: A REAL 410 Shorty  (Read 1350 times)

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
A REAL 410 Shorty
« on: December 31, 2011, 03:12:57 PM »
Might need some paperwork for this one.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=267546015
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline Airsporter

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
Re: A REAL 410 Shorty
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 01:38:16 AM »
Wouldn't want it in my house without a NFA transfer.  I think transfer cost depends upon how it was orginally manufactured.

Offline Yak Angler

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 02:57:05 AM »
Hey BB

Hope you had a happy new year celebration

This may be one of the few times us guys in the great white north can legally own with less hassle a firearm that you guys have to jump through a few hoops to have.

The regulation for us is as follows. as long as the firearm cannot be fired at a length of less than 26" it doesn't matter how long the barrel length is as it relates to a shotguns and rifles. This does not apply to hunting as the min barrel length of a shotgun used for hunting is 18.5" for us. There is a common little 410 they sell up here called a Boito Hiker it has a 12" barrel and overall length of 28". here is a link to a gun shop that sells them. http://www.frontierfirearms.ca/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=17_20_60

Can't hunt with them though so they serve no purpose for me.

Offline jlwilliams

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 03:03:49 AM »
  I'm not sure that it would fit onto a modern Handi frame without some work.

If someone wanted to get this, you can get it before having the tax stamp as long as the barrel and frame aren't under the same roof at the same time.  I'm no lawyer but that's what I've been told by people in that business.  For example, you could bid and buy the barrel and have it shipped to work or to someone else's house as long as they don't own a Handi.  You file the paper work, wait for it to be aproved (that's the catch, it has to be aproved) then once you have the aproved form1 with tax stamp stuck to it and overstamped you put your gun together.  If you trust the seller, you might even make the purchase and ask them to hold off on shipping while your aplication clears (4 moths or so is a while, but that would be one way to make it happen legally)

That's fairly common with AR type guns.  The uppers and lowers interchange and the only difference between an AR pistol receiver and an AR rifle receiver is it's legal definition.  If you have an AR rifle and want to put an AR pistol together from parts you either buy the AR pistol receiver first (that being the smart and easy way) or you get the short upper shipped to someplace with no AR rifle on the premisis.  You might do it that way if you find a super deal on the upper and have to get it before you get the lower for whatever reason. (or if you get the upper for a SBR while the paper is pending)

Personally, I don't know if I'd go through the effort and expense of the NFA process for a 410 single, but that may be just exactly what somebody wants to do themselves.