Author Topic: Redfield Lo-Pro Widefield Scopes?  (Read 2916 times)

Offline one$$shot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Redfield Lo-Pro Widefield Scopes?
« on: January 25, 2006, 02:44:07 PM »
I notice that some of the old Redfield Lo-Profile Widefield scopes vary in appearance.  Some have the Redfield name on the objective and some say "Redfield" on the adjustment cover in the center of the scope.  Some say "Lo-Pro" on the screw cover.  How do you tell which vintage the scope is.  There must be a pattern.  I can't find any numbers on my 4X Redfield Widefield Lo-Pro anywhere.  

The scopes that were made in Denver with Denver made optics must have a given look.  The Redfield scopes made in Denver with Japanese optics must have another appearance as the ones made in China probably have their own look.

How do you tell?

Offline CEJ1895

• Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 04:21:25 AM »
one$$shot - Do yourself a big favor and stay away from Redfield! They won't work on any of their old scopes. My Bro-in-law has an old widefield thats 30+ years old and its got the name on the eyepice if I remember correctly. Hope this helps you. CEJ..
If I can't take my rifles with me, I don't want to go!

Offline one$$shot

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 12:39:48 AM »
My 4X Redfield Widefield says "Redfield" on both sides of the objective and "Lo-Pro" on the windage adjustment cover.  The optics are excellent.  I wonder where they were made?  US/Denver, China, Japan...anyone  know?

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 01:10:03 AM »
I had one of the older Redfield traditional 4 X 12 with AO.  It was a very good scope.  Unfortunately, it was stolen along with several guns maybe 15 years ago.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 04:57:28 AM »
I have a Denver Redfield and it says Denver Colorado on the eyepiece. I had it rebuilt at ABO and they did a good job of ressurecting the old scope. Didn't cost that much and it is a rugged scope with good optics.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline one$$shot

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 01:13:34 AM »
I mounted my 4X Redfield Widefield on my new 243 handi yesterday.  I'm very impressed with this scope.  The FOV@100 yards is fantastic (42 feet).  I got it off of ebay for $70.00.  We'll see how it holds up.  I've got a Leupold VX-I 2X7 ordered and should be here this week sometime.  It'll be fun to compare the two.