Author Topic: New Survivor 308  (Read 183 times)

Offline Gutshot

• Trade Count: (0)
New Survivor 308
« on: February 03, 2006, 02:00:43 PM »
I picked it up at Wall mart today it took 7 days to come in.  $215 out the door (not bad). I love the balance on it. Got it in my gun room at 4:00 today and have done the following so far to it.  
Re-mounted the scope rail (Loc tite)
Put bushing in forearm  
Cleaned it up in and out  
Mounted a 3x9x40 VXII (Bore Sighted)  

It came with a cheap but functional sling. It has the extractor not the ejector. The reciever has almost a park finish to it and the barrel has a normal blue. The scope mounts I had on hand are low mounts and the scope just clears the hammer. I think if it had a lighter barrel it would be too light. The trigger is very crisp much better than alot that I have heard of.  

Range comes tomorrow if it does not rain. If it does Ill take a few shots of the porch with it. I will see how it shoots as is now then see if I need to flitz the chamber and barrel and such. Ill try some rem 150grn and win 150grn along with some wolf ammo Once I have this barrel shooting well I plan to get a 204 Ruger Fluted and a 450 Marlin Barrels for it. Those three calibers should cover about everything I need and alot more. The Walmart salesman said he liked the way it looked and said he was going to get one and invited me to his clubs range this weekend.  

I hope I make out better with this one than the 270 I had a few years back.

Sincerely,

AL