Author Topic: Lee Tumble Lube bullets  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Joe Kool

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Lee Tumble Lube bullets
« on: March 18, 2003, 12:23:03 AM »
A friend gave me about 600, 45 caliber 200 gr, Lee tumble lube bullets that are not lubed. I was going to lube them in my Lyman 450 sizer with LBT soft blue lube. Has anyone tried lubing tumble lube bullets with regular lube? How is the accuracy compared to the same bullet lubed with the Lee Tumble Lube?  I will be shooting them in a 1911 45 acp.  8)

Offline Sixgun

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
Lee Tumble Lube bullets
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2003, 03:33:18 AM »
If it was me, I would get a bottle of Lee Liquod Alox and lube them that way.  It is one of the best lubes that I have used.  Lee claims that it actually removes lead from a barrel and I have seen this happen with a 357max barrel that I had.  I had been shooting some Laser Cast Bullets at max volicity and got some leading.  I took some of the same bullets and lubed them with the Lee stuff and they actually cleaned the barrel.  Accuracy improved and the only thing that can be seen in the barrel is some streakes of lube.  Don't worry about sizing the bullets, the barrel will do that for you.

Sixgun
You can only hit the target if the barrel is pointed in the right direction when the bullet leaves the barrel.

Offline Leftoverdj

Lee Tumble Lube bullets
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2003, 05:54:58 AM »
Mic those suckers or just smear a little lube on a few and load them and see if they chamber readily. If they don't need sizing, there ain't no reason to go running them through a sizer and you can just Liquid Alox the rest.

Even when I am sizing TL bullets, I TL them. My sizer blows O rings easy and I am sure enough that trying to squeeze regular lube into them itty bitty grooves would pop one that I have never even tried it.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Lee Tumble Lube bullets
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2003, 01:58:08 PM »
ive done it with .32 bullets it works
blue lives matter

Offline Tom W.

• Moderators
  • Warning... Does not play well with others!
Lee Tumble Lube bullets
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2003, 02:10:15 PM »
I've tried it out of curiousity with the Lee TL452-230-SWC. They shot well, but it wasn't worth the time. Just tumble lube them and shoot  "as cast".
Tom
Alabama Hunter and firearms safety instructor

I really like my handguns!

Offline Joe Kool

• Avid Poster
Lee Tumble Lube bullets
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2003, 04:44:37 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I did lube some of the bullets with tumble lube, they shot ok. If it's to much trouble to get lube to flow through the shallow grooves on the tumble lube bullets, then I'll just lube them with the tumble lube.  8)