Author Topic: Best plan I've heard yet..  (Read 654 times)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Best plan I've heard yet..
« on: April 13, 2006, 02:40:16 AM »
Here's my immigration 'compromise': We need to regularize the situation of the 298 million non-undocumented residents of the United States. Right now, we get a lousy deal compared with the 15 million fine upstanding members of the Undocumented American community. I think the 298 million of us in the overdocumented segment of the population should get the chance to be undocumented. You know when President Bush talks about all those undocumented people 'living in the shadows'? Doesn't that sound kinda nice? Living in the shadows, no government agencies harassing you for taxes and numbers and paperwork." —Mark Steyn  :)
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline winman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 04:28:39 AM »
Do I sense some resentment here?  I'm very quick to pick up on the underlying meanings of things people say.

Offline Savage .250

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 06:42:09 AM »
Amnesty for everybody!   Oops, wrong thread.   :D
" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 08:20:19 AM »
Back when I was working, why did I have to take my birth certificate in to prove I was a US citisen?   I also had to give them a Social Security number, and half wanted to see a copy of my DD-form 214, military discharge.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 12:36:07 PM »
:roll: Most employers today don't care if you are legal or not.  As long as you bust your butt and line their pocket everything is O.K.  You will never see it, but the folks that hire the illegals should be held accountable for contributing the massive problem that current exhist.

If you have a problem with the immigration situation drop a line on your congressman and senator.  The more voices heard against the illegals, the less likely they are to pass a bill granting amnesty.  When you write, tell them you are a registered voter. :lol:

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 01:55:21 AM »
SHEESH !!

There MUST be a better way of handling things than MORE TAXES !!..ye gads..don't we have enough taxes ?
  One way to help with the situation is to see that all pay their FAIR SHARE of already existing taxes..
  Many of those illegals work cheaper because they PAY NO taxes, SS, unemployment, hospitalization..choosing instead, to fall onto us if they have any medical or other emergency.

HONEST immigrants that wait their turn and do it honestly..usually pay all these things AND learn the dominant language...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline magooch

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 03:11:21 AM »
Forget the tax, put a bounty on them wetbacks.  That ought to send them bustards back to where they came from.
Swingem