Author Topic: Bought an AK..There I finally did it  (Read 691 times)

Offline Double 30

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Bought an AK..There I finally did it
« on: February 16, 2007, 08:48:37 PM »
Bought a 17" 5.56 Saiga for $265 and I must say I'm extremely impressed.The quality of this weapon in construction, fit and finish is far above its pricetag as well as the rattlecan reputation of the typical AK.It has the conventional stock instead of the vert. p.g. and I find it more comfortable and easier to control the trigger.The forend is excellent.The barrel has a 1-8 twist and slugs .219 bore .223 groove. The barrel is rather heavy and stiff which contributes to its excellent accuracy. The proving certificate claims  accuracy of 71mm for a 4 shot 100 meter group.That's about 2 3/4 inches , which I believe is more accurate than  normal for the AK.Using WCC06 M-193 Ball I was able to get an average group size of 2 1/4 for 3 at 100 and I'm sure once I've gotten fully aquainted with this rifle I'll do better.I was very surprised at the lack of slop in the fit of the bolt to the carrier and the carrier to the reciever,Not what I've been lead to expect.I'm looking for extra magazines as well as the proper scope mount.Awesome rifle at an increadible price. ;D
Deo Vindice

Offline scout34

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Bought an AK..There I finally did it
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 09:53:55 AM »
Oh Man.  Now you've done it.  First it's an AK, then it's an M4.  Next thing you know you're into a matching set of Barrett .50 cals.

Man, I love this country.

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: Bought an AK..There I finally did it
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 07:48:21 AM »
Oh Man.  Now you've done it.  First it's an AK, then it's an M4.  Next thing you know you're into a matching set of Barrett .50 cals.

Man, I love this country.

Congrats on purchasing the cause of all the worlds problems, the evil assault rifle1 ;D

They are a lot better built than people give them credit for and a lot of fun to shoot. I have one as well and love taking it to the range along with my ar 15 and my dragunov. One of the ranges I go to has a rapid fire pit. The first range I ever saw with one. It is a deep hole and you can throw bottles of water or stuffed animals or whatever in it and blast away! Talk about fun. You never know what someone will have there. I've even seen full autos, uzis, mgs you name it.

As far as the 50 cal goes, buy one while you can, here in Illinois they are going to try to ban them.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?