Author Topic: WalMart inventory prices...  (Read 1361 times)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
WalMart inventory prices...
« on: February 02, 2006, 12:10:07 PM »
Hi guys, I just got back from WalMart..I bought some (several, one each for me and another of each as a gift for my hunting buddy from Maine) nice fleece Hunter Orange zippered, hooded light weight "jackets" for $3.50 !!! (deer hunting). The same in Camo for $3.50 - $5.00 depending on the size (coyote hunting) and a couple of real nice green fleece"Scentlock" jackets for $5.00 each....(for everything else).
Winchester .223 55 grain FMJ 20 rounds boxes for $3.00 a box and .280 Remington 140 grain SP's for $9.00 a box, the .280 in 165 grain was $15.00 a box but I prefer the 140 grain anyway... I was told Inventory is in a week and the prices are almost bottomed out but things may go down another buck...I'll be baaaack!!!! (in about a week)....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 12:21:45 PM »
Yeap after hunting season they have some awesome deals. I picked up a Rocky backpack and Fleece jacket myself, for around $10 for both. But when you find ammo sales...Ahhhhhh 8)
-Aaron

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 12:22:24 PM »
wow you lucky dog. :grin:  wish my wally world would have sales like that
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 12:44:02 PM »
One other item I bought, actually "we" bought, my wife was with me, we went back today after seeing some of the sale prices with my buddy yesterday (got a "Rattlin bag" for $.50!!!, nothing on it, no tags, no markings, no nothing, so they said do you want it for half a buck?...YES!!!. Also got a nice fleece camo handwarmer for those cold days in the stand for $1.50. Anyway when we went back today I looked around and found the marked down ammo stacked up in an out of the way display case. We also found a beautiful camo size medium hunting jacket, the kind with layers you can remove or install for colder weather, water resistant and windproof, it was originally about $75.00 and had been marked down several times, others on the rack were down to $30.00, this one because of the samller size I guess was $11.00!!! We bought it anyway as a gift for some as yet unknown person. I am sure we will find some young hunter to give it to. My wife and I thought we would take it up to our camp in Maine and I am sure we will have some young local neighbor or their son or daughter hunting next year and we can make them happy with a gift of a nice new hunting coat...I can hardley wait to find some young person to give it to....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 12:57:10 PM »
MSP Ret.

You may want to watch that being nice to people thing , It might catch on then everyone would do it .  8)  8)

It is a great thought and maybe not to bad an idea . :D
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline hunterwinco

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 01:37:10 PM »
The walmart here in Scarborough maine had climbing tree stands for sale...they marked them down to 44.00 and I had to buy one!  The guy in the gun dept. said he had 25 in inventory!!  I went back a week later and they were 35.00!  How can ya go wrong!  They're not a Summit but who cares...little heavier at 32 lbs.  But if someone steals it I won't be crying too much!

Offline hunman55

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (81)
  • A Real Regular
Wal-mart sales
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 01:38:48 PM »
Yes, I was in WM several weeks ago with my granddaughter. Had to go by the sporting goods dept.,right?  They had Pyrodex for $5 a can(lb) and Triple seven for $9. I SCRAPED THE SHELF! I use these for 45 Colt. My 2 sense.  Hunman55 :eek:

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 04:31:53 PM »
That's great hunman, I wish my WalMart carried  triple 7 or pyrodex, it would be sitting in my house right now if they did....

And hunterwinco, do you know if the WalMart in Scarborough has any of those climbers left?....<><.... :grin:

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 05:07:17 PM »
Ya better slow down a little or you won't have any Handi money left Andy.  :)

And hunterwinco, do you know if the WalMart in Scarborough has any of those climbers left?....<><....

I caught a lot of cool sales about this time last year. Being able to travel the state so much I was able to go in a lot of the Wally Worlds and found a lot of bargains on closeout hunting stuff. Best deal I found was Tink's 69 for $2.50 a bottle. Wound up with about a dozen bottles. Haven't been able to look around as much this year tho, just seems a bit busier at my job now. Good buys tho, Wal-mart can be a good place to shop after all I guess.
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline Moonlitin

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Way to go MSP Ret!
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 03:41:36 AM »
Quote from: MSP Ret
We bought it anyway as a gift for some as yet unknown person. I am sure we will find some young hunter to give it to. My wife and I thought we would take it up to our camp in Maine and I am sure we will have some young local neighbor or their son or daughter hunting next year and we can make them happy with a gift of a nice new hunting coat...I can hardley wait to find some young person to give it to...

Way to go MSP Ret...that's very nice!  Kids love stuff like that.

"Bargain" = something you don't need at a price that you can't refuse!  

The best "bargain" I found at Wal Mart after hunting season this year was a Winchester Model 70 in 30-06 with a Simmons 3-9x40 scope, bases, and rings for $150.  The scope was even mounted by the factory.  At that price, I just couldn't resist, even though it's not a Handi.

I'm not sure why so many people dislike Wal Mart?

Moonlitin

Offline cpj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 04:36:52 AM »
MSP Ret wrote:
We bought it anyway as a gift for some as yet unknown person. I am sure we will find some young hunter to give it to. My wife and I thought we would take it up to our camp in Maine and I am sure we will have some young local neighbor or their son or daughter hunting next year and we can make them happy with a gift of a nice new hunting coat...I can hardley wait to find some young person to give it to...

My hats off to you MSP. :cb2:  We need more people like you in this world to encourage outdoor sports. When I was about 7 years old, I was fishing with my dad and this old man, a total stranger, gave me a little crawdad crankbait. He told me that is what I needed to catch fish with in the river that we were fishing that day. And he was right. I caught alot of fish that day. Dad bought one just like it, and traded it out for the one the old man had given me, so I wouldnt lose it. Well I did lose the one my dad gave me, but dad told me that I would find it again one day. Dad had put the original lure up, put it in a shadow box and gave it to me a few years back for Christmas and told me the story of what he had done. I see that lure every day on my wall and it reminds me of that day at the river.

So MSP, one day, some little boy will be sitting around the fire at deer camp, telling his kids and grandkids about a coat some man had given him  fifty years ago, but remembered it like it was yesterday.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2006, 08:18:42 AM »
MSP,

You da man!  :toast:
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2006, 09:24:32 AM »
Thanks guys, I guess I remember that 16 gauge single shot a freind of the familys gave me to "keep" for him until he needed it back. It came with the privizo I used it and cleaned it and kept it clean for him when he needed it back. Well I had that fine little gun for about 3-4 years and used it, a lot, but it was always clean in case he ever came for it. Thats where I learned to love the smell of Hoppe's #9. My dear mother even let me clean it at the kitchen table, on spread out newspapers. That gun has been gone many years and lost to some unknown location, but years after that and after his passing my mother and kid sister got together and bought me his (Mr. Alton McKenzie, and great guy he was!!) 12 gauge take down model 97 Winchester shotgun that I still have to this day. I am still looking for a 16 gauge H&R barrel, preferably in  modified choke (only 16 fulls are currently made) but will also buy a full choke newer barrel. I still have a deep love for the 16's. Random acts of kindness as Alton did for me go on in ones memory forever....<><.... :grin:

How about this guys, over the next couple of months let's all try to do just that, a random act of kindness or generosity, whatever we can afford, for some young sportsman or sportswoman. It would not have to be much, a free box of 22's or bb's, a nice used bb gun, or a rod and reel you no longer use. Even just a trip to the range with us, especially for a child with no father figure, one who could benefit from our introducing him or her to the shooting sports. And if that did not fit the situation, take them fishing with you, or out in the field to work your hunting dog or just to walk your dog, just any "random act of kindness" to introduce them to the fine world of the outdoors......Carry on....<><.... :grin:

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2006, 10:00:46 AM »
Andy

Sounds like a plan .  :D  :D
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2006, 01:35:18 PM »
We had some good buys here in Ponca City, OK on hunting clothes and supplies, but never any of the gun discounts I read about from Wal Marts at other places. :(

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2006, 09:48:03 AM »
Well guys, the local WalMart (35-40 miles away) has their inventory tomorrow. Went back today, all the camo and orange hunting jackets were gone( :cry: ), I was going to buy more as impromptu gifts for hunting buddies. Bought 8 boxes of 140 Grain Remington SP .280 ammo for $5.00 a box, it was $9.00 a box a couple of days ago when I bought some. All the .223 Winchester ammo was gone ( :cry: ). I really know now that there is nobody that shoots a 25-06 around here. They have about 20 boxes of Remington 120 grain SP in 25-06 for $3.00 a box and it's just sitting there!!! It's almost a good enough deal to get a 25-06 just to shoot cheaply!!!....<><.... :grin:

Almost forgot, I did buy a couple of hats, a camo and a hunter orange for $1.00 apiece and 3 boxes they had left of 3" 20 Gauge Remington "Nitro Magnum" in #4 shot for $2.00 a box, perhaps for close in coyote ammo or perhaps on crows, but mostly because it was $2.00 a box!!!....<><.... :shock:

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2006, 12:38:50 PM »
$3 a box for 25-06~!!!!!!!!!!!! the brass is almost worth that much , go back and buy all they have , then  send in for a 25-06 barrel.
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while

Offline DavOh

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2006, 12:43:27 PM »
WAL MART SHOPPERS ARE SELLING AMERICA'S SOUL OVERSEAS TO THE LOWEST BIDDER. :evil:
-Davoh

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2006, 03:21:47 PM »
Oh I'm sorry Daveoh, I did not know Remington Ammo was made overseas....<><.... :?

Offline Brett

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2006, 03:27:28 PM »
.280 Rem for $5 a box!   :shock:   I'm lucky if I can even find the stuff on a shelf around here. I generaly order off the web from Sportsmans Guide at around $13 a box + shipping.  :cry:

Offline Brett

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2006, 03:43:55 PM »
DavOh,

WalMart also employs thousands of Americans, many of whom may not have jobs if it were not for WalMart.  

One WalMart alone provides several hundred jobs.  How many jobs does 'Joes gun shop', 'Bill's tire Store' or 'Sue's dress shop' provide?

Offline DavOh

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2006, 05:24:40 PM »
I started to type out this long explanation with documented facts. But figured I'd spare you guys the soap box lecture. If anyone is genuinely interested, PM me about Walmart and Vlassic pickles or Igloo Coolers.

Sorry guys, I'll try to stay off my soap box.
 :D
-Davoh

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2006, 05:57:14 PM »
The Handi-rifles, ammo and many other things I bought at Walmart all say made in USA on 'em..

Let's stop the blowing smoke you know where..all this anti Walmart crap is political mumbo-jumbo....puhleeze...be honest !

The same complaints can be made about other organizations..but Walmart seeems to be the far out Libs rallying point for this election cycle...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DavOh

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2006, 02:59:13 AM »
FAR OUT LIB???? THEMS FIGHTIN WORDS AROUND HERE..... :-D

I'm about as far right as a guy can be mister.
-Davoh

Offline DavOh

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2006, 03:02:07 AM »
FAR OUT LIB???? THEMS FIGHTIN WORDS AROUND HERE..... :-D

I'm about as far right as a guy can be mister. Seriously though. Walmart is baaad. A wolf in sheeps clothing of sorts. But for Peace's sake I'll refrain from further remarks to the Walmart collaborators.  :D
-Davoh