Author Topic: Nikon scope warranty service  (Read 1899 times)

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
Nikon scope warranty service
« on: February 09, 2006, 07:37:32 PM »
I sent in a 3x9x Nikon Prostaff which they recieved around the 31st of January. I checked it's status and they say it is on it's way back to my place. My complaint was that it would not hold zero under moderate use like being in the back of my truch in a plastic hardcase while the truck is being driven sensibly. Wonder if they fixed it, replaced it or say there is nothing wrong with it. Ialso sent in the 1.5x4.5 Bushnell that lost it's ability to hold zero and keep it's crosshair in the upright position after less than 30 rounds of 45-70 300 grain bullets pushed to 1900 fps the same day. They say it is in waiting for a tech to look at it still.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline TheOpticZone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 01:26:04 AM »
We have had very good success with Nikon's repair department.  We have not sent very many in, but the ones that we have came back quick and either fixed or replaced.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline rickt300

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 07:09:23 AM »
I bought the scope to replace a Tasco World Class 2x7x which while it had it's faults it did hold zero well.  My biggest complaint with it that to change the power setting was to change point of impact.  But If sighted in at 4x and left there I could count on the bullet being in the right place after a thousand mile road trip and 2oo off road miles. That particular Nikon Prostaf mostly rode muzzle up between my legs for 6 days and had to be resighted 3 times during that time. It also never got off an airplane with it original sight in.

Offline rickt300

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 07:22:59 AM »
My 3x9x Prostaff returned via UPS today with a list of repairs or so I hope. The list includes adjusting windage, elevation and collimation along with the phrase SUP Nitrogen. No charge.  I guess I will have to put it thru some more hunting to find out if the repairs did the job.

Offline flintlock

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 07:53:42 AM »
rick...You might also try shooting a square...to see if it responds properly and comes back to zero...I am a particular fellow about my guns...Now is the time of year I put them through the paces to make sure they are OK for October....Good Luck

Offline rickt300

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 07:39:06 PM »
Actually the adjustments were pretty precise before, it just wouldn't hold zero under moderate use. I will put it on my newest rifle a 243 ADL synthetic that has already shown promise as a shooter and do some load testing.